Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated Prey Demo For Linux Released

Phoronix: Updated Prey Demo For Linux Released

More than a month ago, Ryan Gordon had released a Prey Linux demo for this first person shooter that was released for Windows back in 2006 and is developed around a heavily-modified version of the id Tech 4 engine. At that time he said the full Linux client for Prey would be out in a few days, but it still has yet to be released...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Well, I've wanted to check out new demo, but now i get seg faults ;/

Comment

On my Fedora 10 x86_64 it works just fine, I just played it to the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Tares View Post
        Well, I've wanted to check out new demo, but now i get seg faults ;/
        Be sure to post a bug report about that!

Comment

So if I already have the Windows version, can I upgrade it to the Linux version via a download or would I have to buy the Linux version too? Not that I'd be above doing so, just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
            So if I already have the Windows version, can I upgrade it to the Linux version via a download or would I have to buy the Linux version too? Not that I'd be above doing so, just curious.
            The Windows version will work just fine. Unless you don't have the game at all & buy it from Tuxgames, most will be using the Windows version (like the way Doom 3 works), as it is just a client that Ryan will be releasing.

Comment

Working...
            X