Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
    Good to hear that. I have Nvidia card too :/. Sorry, I meant KDE 4.1.3
    Well, so expect to see a slick but textual boot process, unless nvidia decides to release a KMS-aware driver (highly doubtful).
    I just noticed that KDE 4.1.3 has been pushed to stable updates: https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedo...er/thread.html.

Comment

Originally posted by r1348 View Post
      Well, so expect to see a slick but textual boot process, unless nvidia decides to release a KMS-aware driver
      Well, I've got an ATI card but I still get the textual boot. Probably have to wait until they finally get support for the R600 based cards to work.

Comment

I think you meant "Presto delta RPM plug-in integration" not "Preston delta RPM plug-in integration".

Now if they'd only add DEB package integration or something to make universal Linux packages a reality. :/

Comment

Originally posted by Yfrwlf View Post
          Now if they'd only add DEB package integration or something to make universal Linux packages a reality. :/
          I doubt completely universal Linux packages will be never work because distros just have too many differences (even taking into account something like the LSB).

But I do think that some or even a lot of progress could be made towards that goal. Because in the end how many packages need to make changes to system scripts or whatever else that makes them incompatible with other distros? I would be surprised if more than 20% of the packages need all the scripting that an RPM package offers (no idea how DEBs work so I won't comment on them), so that would mean that 80+% of the packages do nothing more than copy files to certain directories. So it should be possible to find a way to flag those packages as being cross-distro. Don't know if that means that all distros could use them directly but at least there could be a common "definition" from which distro-specific packages could be built.

Comment

Originally posted by quintesse View Post
            Well, I've got an ATI card but I still get the textual boot. Probably have to wait until they finally get support for the R600 based cards to work.
            Well...

I have a X1600pro (R500) on my desktop and a X3100 (intel) based DELL notebook. Both - presumably well supported - are displaying, I believe, this textual boot (two or three lines at the bottom of the screen progressing forward)

Perhaps, it may be something else?

Comment

Working...
            X