Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IGP Radeon HD 3200/3300 support

Hi guys,

I have a 790GX motherboard and tried to run the graphics using radeon and radeonhd (shipped with Ubuntu 8.10) drivers, no success though (both drivers don't suport the new IGPs). FGLRX is also disappointing as I cant get XV running reliably by now, so I reverted back to my energy eating Geforce.

Does anyone know when the newer IGPs will be supported?

Yours, edgar_wibeau

I'm currently looking for getting a computer for my living room.

Those 780G mATX boards with DVI and HDMI looks really sweet but... No 3D/XV for those using the open source driver. I think I have to wait for the driver to come out before I decide to buy the board.

Come on ATI, the day the driver come out == the day I go out and buy a board.

Comment

Originally posted by FunkyRider View Post
      I'm currently looking for getting a computer for my living room.

Those 780G mATX boards with DVI and HDMI looks really sweet but... No 3D/XV for those using the open source driver. I think I have to wait for the driver to come out before I decide to buy the board.

Come on ATI, the day the driver come out == the day I go out and buy a board.
      That's what I'm sayin The day the new driver comes out is the day I'm gonna get a new 4850.

Comment

I give a third. I'm going to buy a 4850... but only when I see a functional open-source driver.

For now, my x1600 works fine, and it's better supported.

Comment

Pansies. I've had a 780G since the week they came out, and I knew the driver wasn't ready.

You can always get one of those mobos and stick in a dirt-cheap, older ATI or NVIDIA card to tide you over until the IGP is supported. Newegg has a couple cards in the $20-$30 range that would be ideal for that purpose. Plus that way you've got a spare videocard, which is always a useful thing to have -- personally, I don't tend to have good luck with video cards lasting.

Comment

Ok, I've upgraded my test system to Jaunty Alpha to find out if radeonhd 1.2.3 or radeon 6.0.9+git20081003 support RS780.

RadeonHD does in theory, X starts, but freezes immediately, I was unable to kill it. Hardware is Asus M3A78-T with the newest BIOS 0502.
            The Radeon driver still doesn't support RS780 in the installed version.

Plus RS780 seems to be the only ATI GFX hardware which isn't listed on the X.Org Wiki - RadeonFeature page :-/

Does anybody know a way to contact the authors? I can't seem to find a comment feature in the Wiki and don't want to add a question to this informational page (if possible after subscription).

Comment

Ok, I've upgraded my test system to Jaunty Alpha to find out if radeonhd 1.2.3 or radeon 6.0.9+git20081003 support RS780.

RadeonHD does in theory, X starts, but freezes immediately, I was unable to kill it. Hardware is Asus M3A78-T with the newest BIOS 0502.
              The Radeon driver still doesn't support RS780 in the installed version.

Plus RS780 seems to be the only ATI GFX hardware which isn't listed on the X.Org Wiki - RadeonFeature page :-/

Does anybody know a way to contact the authors? I can't seem to find a comment feature in the Wiki and don't want to add a question to this informational page (if possible after subscription).

Comment

I just recently put together a new PC using a 780v chipset with a HD 3100. I'm having a hard time getting ati and radeonhd drivers installed though. I'm guessing this IGP is in the same boat as the 3200/3300?

Comment

Originally posted by edgar_wibeau View Post
                  I think Corbin Simpson (MostAwesomeDude) set up the RadeonFeature page. He hangs out on #radeon, #radeonhd and #dri-devel IRC channels fairly often.

AFAIK his intent was to set up the page and have people edit it as needed. I tried editing a couple of days ago and didn't have much luck, will either figure it out or ask for help over the weekend
                  Test signature

Comment

Thanks. I never used IRC and won't start for this issue. And what I could add to the page would be

RS780
                    UNKNOWN
                    UNKNOWN
                    UNKNOWN
                    UNKNOWN
                    UNKNOWN
                    UNKNOWN
                    UNKNOWN

plus the source code of the (table on) Wiki page doesn't look very inviting.

Edit: I've pulled radeonhd from git, built it, copied radeonhd_drv.so to /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/
                    It works, no hickups, no hang, no freeze. Yet, neither DRI nor exa nor xaa are supported by now, neither is Xv. I'll have to revert to nvidia once more :-/

Teshadael: 780V/HD3100 is RS780 too, according to the current radeonhd log output. 740V though is RS690 (relabeled) AFAIK, just for the record.
                    Last edited by edgar_wibeau; 28 November 2008, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X