Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 11 Release Schedule, Along With Five Features

Phoronix: Fedora 11 Release Schedule, Along With Five Features

Fedora 10 isn't even being released until next week, but five features have already been approved for Fedora 11 and a release schedule has been put in motion. FESCo, or the Fedora Engineering Steering Committee, convened yesterday and approved the Fedora 11 release schedule (though it's likely to change as with all past releases) and approved five of the proposed Fedora features. The five features that are marked to be introduced in Fedora 11 include DeviceKit integration, improved volume controls, Windows cross-compiler support, Presto plug-in integration, and simple support for setting up a multi-seat system. DeviceKit is a system -- still actively in development -- that can enumerate devices, create signals when certain devices are added or removed, provides the ability to merge device information / quirks onto the devices, and is able to replace some areas of HAL...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I did a dual seat rig on Hardy and it was a royal pain, and wasn't really done /correctly/.. (no 3d accel, audio channel by user instead of by seat, relying on proprietary software, etc.)

I look forward to being able to take trivial multi-seat configuration for granted.

Comment

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6

Any know which version of Fedora Linux that Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 will be based on?

Historically, it's been the odd numbered Fedoras...

Comment

I agree, last time I did a multi-seat config it was a bit of a pain.

So kudos go to fedora if they can pull this off, it they make it easy enough even normal users can use that extra monitor with the extra output of the graphics card to share a pc.
        Last edited by [Knuckles]; 21 November 2008, 08:43 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Working...
        X