One Year Later There's No UT3 Client For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
    Boy, are you behind the times, there... Ep1 and Ep2 have been out for a while now. I'm waiting for Ep3 and Deathspank now... The audio popping is probably due to you pushing it too hard and the machine not having enough cycles to properly devote to audio.
    Heh I can't wait for Deathspank, a cross between Diablo and Monkey Island... sounds awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by MamiyaOtaru View Post
      It's not that hard. I keep my money in my wallet. I haven't bought a single game with Unreal tech from the release of UT3 until now, and won't do so until they do what they say they were going to do. Mirror's Edge will be tough, but it hasn't gotten to that point yet (I don't have a console to play the released versions yet)
      Mirror's Edge is worthy of renting and playing the single player mode IMO. There's not much replay value except for the awesome End Credits song.

I probably am way behind on my games at the moment (still haven't gotten Portal or TF2!). Been so busy getting ready to come to Florida. Of course, I completely missed the Strongbad games as well...

Comment

• Tuxgames has UT3 for linux available for pre-order. The "predicted" release date in their site is feb. 15.

They say on their site that the date hasnt been provided to them by the developer, so where did they come up with that date from?

Comment

• Originally posted by xav1r View Post
          Tuxgames has UT3 for linux available for pre-order. The "predicted" release date in their site is feb. 15.

They say on their site that the date hasnt been provided to them by the developer, so where did they come up with that date from?
          They pulled it out their arse. Seriously they should just put unknown for the release date.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aradreth View Post
            They pulled it out their arse. Seriously they should just put unknown for the release date.
            Heh, and how many times were there release dates on the OS X version published on etailers?

Comment

• They're making a bet. If the game isn't out by Feb. 15, then they'll give the game for free.

Comment

• Originally posted by superppl View Post
                They're making a bet. If the game isn't out by Feb. 15, then they'll give the game for free.
                Youre on. Or, they are.

BTW, they have predicted releases for Prey (which is already out), Serious Sam 2, and many other games too.

Comment

• Since we're on the topic of UT anyway, I just discovered that I was using an outdated version of Chaos, so I updated and found new fun things! I didn't know they threw in a hoverboard and a bike!
                  Who needs UT3 when UT2k4 has Chaos? And besides, I can't stand vanilla UT anymore, without Chaos it just isn't fun.

Comment

• Whats chaos? Is it a mod? What does it do if it is?

Comment

• You're joking right? http://chaotic.beyondunreal.com/
                      ChaosUT2: Evolution (also known as 'ChaosUT2', or 'CUT2') was developed by Chaotic Dreams, and is a free modification (commonly referred to as a 'mod') of the popular retail game Unreal Tournament 2004, which was created by Epic Games and Digital Extremes.

Chaos can perhaps be referred to as 'a mod for those who like the game they bought'. In other words, we make no attempt at a 'total conversion', something that takes possibly the greatest FPS game yet, and turns it into something completely different. That is not our vision.

What we have attempted to do (as always) is to expand the game, bring some nice variety to your play, but to do it in a way where (hopefully) it won't be so easy to tell where UT2004 ends, and Chaos begins. Our goal is to make the game bigger, deeper, and maybe even a little bit better, all the while appearing as if it came with the original game - right out of the box.
                      And in doing so, Chaos brings an entirely new feel to the game of UT2004, but does it without removing anything from the original game. Each and every weapon, item, and feature included in this version, covering everything from custom startup menus, to complete game types, to custom quit messages, has been (and always will be) designed and tested to work with the latest version of Unreal Tournament 2004.

Perhaps the heart of the mod however, are the high quality, highly addictive Chaotic weapons. And while some of them were inspired by the earlier versions of our mod, each has been reengineered and rebuilt from the ground up. Some of the weapons included are melee weapons, which come complete with their own custom animations. The melee weapons are now available in most Chaos game types, including Duel, which was created specifically for them, and which is supported by a diverse set of maps.

In addition, Chaos for UT2004 has been designed to be as flexible and as compatible as was reasonably possible. Which is why we have provided a 'mutator' version of our 'mod'. Simply so that Chaos can be played and enjoyed in ALL standard UT2004 game types, in addition to most custom game types, and even when combined with many other mods and/or mutators.

However, Chaos does in fact also come with it's own complete game types, each with full bot support, and each fully functional in online play. And it is important to note that some Chaos features (ie: melee weapons) are only available through these Chaos game types, and not thru our mutator.

Comment

Working...
                      X