World of goo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World of goo

Wow, I just played the windows demo after reading that they are coming out with a Linux client, and boy are we in for a treat.
    The demo is fairly lengthy spanning an entire chapter out of 4 chapters in the game, while the start of the game is easy it gets complicated fairly faster introducing many concepts through out the demo, with some pretty interesting physics.
    They, the developers, are saying that the linux client is coming soon, and is in beta so I am crossing my fingers and I plan to pick it up today when I get some free time because it was so much fun.

enjoy the demo.

Got it for the mac, ya it's pretty addictive,

Comment

If you are buying for Linux, wait for the client to actually be released! PLEASE!

Comment

Nice, their account has been disabled.

This Domain (2dboy.com) Has Been Disabled For information on restoring your account please call customer service as soon as possible
        When/If you call our support help line, please have your site name ready.

Comment

It's back up now, but if it goes down again you can check it out here

Comment

Originally posted by RobbieAB View Post
            If you are buying for Linux, wait for the client to actually be released! PLEASE!
            Yeah I wish I could have, but it was to much fun... I will be downloading it again for Linux, so I am sure they will have a statistic for downloaded clients. Hopefully the Linux client will be more popular then the mac, so their next game we can get the client at release.

Comment

Finished it one sitting though. It's only good for about 3 hours of gameplay. At least the price wasn't stupidly high.

Comment

Originally posted by sc3252 View Post
                Yeah I wish I could have, but it was to much fun... I will be downloading it again for Linux, so I am sure they will have a statistic for downloaded clients. Hopefully the Linux client will be more popular then the mac, so their next game we can get the client at release.
                Does the linux client need 3d hardware acceleration??

Comment

Originally posted by xav1r View Post
                  Does the linux client need 3d hardware acceleration??
                  The linux client isn't out yet. But requirements are...

Windows XP / Vista (Mac/Linux coming soon)
                  DirectX 9.0c
                  1GHz or faster CPU
                  512MB of RAM
                  100MB of disk space
                  A 3D graphics card that is less than 5 years old
                  In other words yes. (I'd assume they forgot to add opengl as a requirement...)

Comment

Working...
                  X