No announcement yet.

which has better support 3450 or 4350?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which has better support 3450 or 4350?

Am currently using a 3450, which has a couple of very irritating issues (mostly video playing issues and lack of "switch user support").

I'm getting a new video card for someone else - probably a 4350, and am wondering if anyone knows how the support compares between the 2 cards?

Is it much the same, or is one better supported than the other?

Is there any expected difference going forward, or are they likely to get new functionality and/or fixes at the same time?

Thanks!

Originally posted by duffster View Post
    Am currently using a 3450, which has a couple of very irritating issues (mostly video playing issues and lack of "switch user support").

I'm getting a new video card for someone else - probably a 4350, and am wondering if anyone knows how the support compares between the 2 cards?

Is it much the same, or is one better supported than the other?

Is there any expected difference going forward, or are they likely to get new functionality and/or fixes at the same time?

Thanks!
    I don't think there is any difference in support currently.

In the future there may be a difference in h264 video decoding as the 4xxx cards have UVD2 and the 3xxx UVD. As nothing has been released yet I can't be sure on that, and as an owner of a 3850 I hope I am wrong :-)

For games the more expensive cards with a higher second number are the ones to get.

Comment

Working...
    X