Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermaltake Spedo Advance Chassis

Phoronix: Thermaltake Spedo Advance Chassis

It has been a while since last looking at a Thermaltake chassis at Phoronix, but today we have our hands on the Spedo Advance Chassis. This full tower chassis is made of SECC steel and has seven 5.25" drive bays, but perhaps what is more unique is its dual 230mm fans, 140mm fan, and three 120mm fans (with room for another two). In addition, the Spedo Advance Chassis has an Advance Thermal Chamber 3, Cable Routing Management 3, an HDD relocation canister, and other features designed to satisfy the needs of the most stringent gamers and computer enthusiasts.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Arrrgh, what is it with these companies putting in goofball fan sizes nowdays?

Comment

Speaking of goofball, "Spedo" sounds like knock-off swimwear. I guess that's preferable to the trend of products that sound like they're going to kill you, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ex-Cyber View Post
        Speaking of goofball, "Spedo" sounds like knock-off swimwear. I guess that's preferable to the trend of products that sound like they're going to kill you, though.
        Heh, I bet your just waiting for the "vunderbra" edition.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
          Phoronix: Thermaltake Spedo Advance Chassis
          http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=13119
          Can we get some wider-angle pictures? Or maybe just some captions? I couldn't tell anything useful from most of the pictures.

e.g.
          What are those ATC things taking up the full width of the lower half of the case in

If we're supposed to know because they're similar to the previous model, then link to your review of it.

You didn't take anything but extreme closeups once you installed the mobo, so I can't see where it even fits in relation to the other stuff inside the case. ok, I guess
          http://www.phoronix.net/image.php?id...spedo_sys3_lrg help, now that I've looked closely at the pictures of the empty case. But come on, there's enough resolution to still see enough detail if you pulled back and showed the whole case with the mobo in it.

wow, a bundle of cables, and nothing in focus enough to see where it is in the case. probably the most useless photo in the article.

Ok, which side of the case is that? And which way up is it? I can't tell if the SATA cable is going into the cable-routing tray behind the mobo the article talked about, or if it's going to the front of the mobo. I'm guessing into the cable-routing thing.

Seriously, take some wider angle photos. The full size versions have plenty of pixels for it.

I guess I'm glad you don't spend too much time on case reviews, since there's nothing Linux-related about them. So it's better that phoronix spends its time on things that actually interact with software. I can read case reviews anywhere else, but only phoronix will say much about Linux on mobos or vid cards. It would be cool if you would post lspci -vvnn and dmesg output for all mobos you test. Then people could see what devices were onboard, e.g. what sound chip, onboard ethernet, PATA controller, etc. even if you don't mention it.

Comment

Working...
          X