Are tuxgames and LGP the same company??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eragon View Post
    Oh okay, just curious, who is the owner of LGP and tuxgames, then?
    Michael Simms? (I really do not know, but I know Michael Simms is one of the owners?)

Comment

Originally posted by Thetargos View Post
      Only thing missing with either is to also offer their catalog (or part there off, as some titles are too old and may require some changes to the installer/runtime executable [*cough*Shogo*cough*]) as on-line download titles, maybe at a lower cost, but with the disadvantage of not getting a boxed set, printed manuals, etc.
      /me sighs...

For the umpteenth time, folks...

If it wasn't licensed for online publication, you can't go back through and make downloads of this stuff available as you would be committing a willful infringement.

Easiest rule of thumb on things is to keep telling yourself that Copyright does NOT work the way you think it does and you can't turn around and apply Web 2.0 type answers to the problems as you'll get yourself into serious trouble without the signoff of all the involved parties.

Comment

Originally posted by gilboa View Post
        Steam anyone?

- Gilboa
        Heh... That'd be a nice example of that sort of situation, actually...

Comment

Michael Simms? (I really do not know, but I know Michael Simms is one of the owners?)
          How about "the" owner?

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
            /me sighs...

For the umpteenth time, folks...

If it wasn't licensed for online publication, you can't go back through and make downloads of this stuff available as you would be committing a willful infringement.

Easiest rule of thumb on things is to keep telling yourself that Copyright does NOT work the way you think it does and you can't turn around and apply Web 2.0 type answers to the problems as you'll get yourself into serious trouble without the signoff of all the involved parties.
            I know we've been all over these kind of discussions, but still, negotiating the rights for on-line publishing (especially coming from LGP) would be awesome, and very welcome by many users. I know that if it wasn't licensed for such "marketing and sales" it simply won't happen... Still might be interesting if Michael Simms or the executives at either/both LGP and TuxGames could also acquire the rights for e-publishing (I'm thinking particularly about Deck13 ported games by RuneSoft).

Comment

Still might be interesting if Michael Simms or the executives at either/both LGP and TuxGames could also acquire the rights for e-publishing (I'm thinking particularly about Deck13 ported games by RuneSoft).
              Sigh...

Depends on the situation. Most of them still won't license electronic distribution. Serious. If it's going to happen, it'll happen- much like Hothead's doing things and the old back catalog of Interplay and select titles from other publisher's catalogs have come to Windows at least with Good Old Games. But it's not as simple as you think it is- otherwise you'd already have it because it's a far sight cheaper to make the stuff available electronically if you've got a T3 connection or better, etc.

Comment

Working...
              X