Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious Sam 2 Profile

Hi,
    i wondered wheather you've ever heard from serious sam? it's an european ego-shooter which was very famous ~2 years ago here. it was created by Croatian developers. it still has impressive graphics..
    just read about it several time in the past (not here though). and i was wondering why there isn't a serious-sam2-game-profile in pts?! (or is there already one??) (sry if there is already one, i couldn't find a simple list which discribes all profiles) there's even an existing linux installer (and a demo), better say a release candidate...

here's a ingame video: (getting interesting in 40th second)

official website:

here are the installer files:

what do you think? or did you know this already? (never read here anything about it...)

greets

for serious sam 1 (the first encounte) exists a linux installer, too. it's based on the quake3-engine.
    installer:

it's german, but it shouldn't be a problem to understand the essential parts:
    Kostenlose Nachrichten, Web-Support und Foren rund um Linux, OpenSource und Freie Software. Angebote wie News, Berichte, Workshops, Tipps, Links und Kalender.

(if you have questions (problems with german language here), don't hesitate to ask me..
    useful:
    How-To Install Serious Sam : The First Encounter on Ubuntu 7.10 This tutorial will help you to install Serious Sam : The First Encounter on Ubuntu 7.10, not using the standard Wine way (which doesnt really work very well) One - Downloading the custom installer Firstly you need to go to http://www.liflg.org/?catid=6&gameid=71 and grab the Loki custom installer for Serious Sam. Download the file to your desktop either through bit-torrent or through a direct download (I used the direct

url from the windows-demo:

perhaps could be used as wine-benchmark or even be installed through loki-installer? don't know wheather the loki-installer only works with the original game-cd or perhaps only with this demo...

//edit: sry, it's all a bit messy, especially my posts today :/
    Last edited by Regenwald; 14 November 2008, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Hi,

Right now I don't have Serious Sam 1 or 2, so I haven't looked into making a test profile for it. However, if it's easily benchmarkable and someone else has written a test profile or can document all that needs to be done, I'd be glad to push them into the Phoronix Test Suite.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
      X