Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 8.04 (LTS) and 1.4

Hey Guys,
    While I was trying to install the 1.4 test suite (using install-all) under ubuntu 8.04.1 LTS, I noticed a problem. It would hang whilst trying to download doom3 or quake4 (I tried specifically installing quake4 after install-all hung at doom3).

A quick fix to pts-core/functions/pts-functions-install.php took care of this;

line 148;
    if(count($urls) > 0)

became;
    if(count($urls) > 0 and $urls[0] != '')

a bit of defensive programming but, with this in place, everything works as advertised

Regards
    Stef

same problem with 8.10

hey,

I'm experiencing the same problem with the intrepid release of ubuntu.
    I tried to change the code-lines as you did, but didn't find them at line 148. There are only line 137 and 199, that would match the code
    PHP Code:
    if(count($urls) > 0
    so, whicht one do I have to edit?

Edit:I fixed it now, it was the line 137, that had to be changed.
    Thank you, for your solution of this problem. There may be some other people, that have the same things going wrong..So thats great to have such forums
    Last edited by Bene18; 15 November 2008, 06:11 AM.

Comment

PTS is far from perfect at the moment, but we do rely on bug reports to correct the issues. Issue being that Michael only tests on Ubuntu 32 and simply does not have the time to test on every variation of linux.

Comment

This has been fixed in git master for Phoronix Test Suite 1.6 "Tydal", thanks for reporting it.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
          Issue being that Michael only tests on Ubuntu 32 and simply does not have the time to test on every variation of linux.
          My main PTS development system is actually Ubuntu 64, but in general, yes, the majority of the testing is done on Ubuntu 32-bit installations. Then before each major release I try to run PTS on all of the major distributions, but yes, bug reports and patches are always appreicated.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
          X