No announcement yet.

AMD Catalyst 8.11 Linux Driver Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tares, just remove all packages and use the automated installer... I can't do packages anymore unless they are synaptic based... Some glitch in the installer causes a version mismatch with one of the modules...

Long story short I just used the automated installer.

Comment

Also if you haven't gotten backing store to work with the new xorg/xserver using the synaptic package, turn it off... It didn't work for me, and with 1066 dual channel I really don't notice a difference so I haven't bothered testing it again...

Comment

Tares, your installation is messed up. You are loading the glx module from X instead of the driver and you are trying to load the 8.10 or earlier driver and not 8.11.

Comment

I still cant minimize 3d applications.

Back to 8.8.

Comment

Originally posted by Methylene View Post
            Also if you haven't gotten backing store to work with the new xorg/xserver using the synaptic package, turn it off... It didn't work for me, and with 1066 dual channel I really don't notice a difference so I haven't bothered testing it again...
            Thanks Methylene. Using --install works. Well I've disabled loading dri/glx/glcore and turned off backing store, but I doubt that had any impact ;-)

Anyway with this release, amdcccle still reports that my fglrx works in mesa mode :/

Comment

Disable Xgl.

Comment

I followed the instructions on CCHTML wiki (I did it multiple times before for Ubuntu 8.04 and ATI 8.10 driver) and got problems. This guy had the same problem:

I am using Xubuntu 8.10.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                  Disable Xgl.
                  I don't have it even installed, AIGLX turned off.

Comment

Tares, deinstall everything and wait for the ubuntu package, ok? And please check your system thoroughly for stale files.

Comment

Hi, I installed Catalyst 8.11 yesterday after reupgrading to XServer 1.5.
                      However, when I boot into graphical mode (i.e. start the x server), Xorg.log says:
                      (II) fglrx(0): ***Display: ConnectedDisplayTypes=0x00000010, disabled=0x00000000
                      (II) fglrx(0): Connected Display1: CRT on secondary DAC [crt2]
                      (II) fglrx(0): Display1: No EDID information from DDC.
                      (EE) fglrx(0): Unknown EDID version 0
                      (II) fglrx(0): Display1: Failed to get EDID information.
                      And then it falls back to 640x480, though it should use 1280x1024..
                      Is there any way to force fglrx to use the better resolution (Note: I can switch to 1280x1024 by using KRandrTray or so, if that's useful information)?
                      This is on an ATI 3850.

And by the way, there is a VERY painful bug causing window resizing (at least in Compiz) to have a delay of multiple seconds...

EDIT: Oh, well... the log goes further:
                      (EE) fglrx(0): Unknown EDID version 0
                      (II) fglrx(0): Display1: Failed to get EDID information.
                      (WW) fglrx(0): Only one display is connnected,so single mode is enabled
                      (II) fglrx(0): Primary Controller - CRT on secondary DAC
                      (II) fglrx(0): Internal Desktop Setting: 0x00000001
                      (==) fglrx(0): QBS disabled
                      (==) fglrx(0): FAST_SWAP disabled
                      (==) fglrx(0): PseudoColor visuals disabled
                      (==) fglrx(0): Center Mode is disabled
                      (==) fglrx(0): TMDS coherent mode is enabled
                      (II) fglrx(0): Total of 2 modes found for primary display.
                      So I guess the problem can be reduced to finding a way to tell fglrx to actually use the higher resolution, but specifying the resolution via aticonfig didn't work...
                      Last edited by NeoBrain; 14 November 2008, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X