No announcement yet.

Catalyst 8.11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so you folowed a wiki which every idiot can change and make errors, and then you complain about it and blame it on ati? Wow, that is really.... sweet. I will file your post in my 'ubuntu' archive.

You f*ck up your installation. Some files of the old driver are still there. Clean your system and try again.

Comment

Originally posted by energyman View Post
      error - it is a bug. If you can reproduce it, try disabling heap randomization - does that help?
      Disabled it, and it still happens. Easy to reproduce, because it happens _every_ time i try to start X with the new driver...

Comment

well, you could try with a non-patched kernel - does that help?

Comment

Originally posted by energyman View Post
          so you folowed a wiki which every idiot can change and make errors, and then you complain about it and blame it on ati? Wow, that is really.... sweet. I will file your post in my 'ubuntu' archive.

You f*ck up your installation. Some files of the old driver are still there. Clean your system and try again.
          then gimmi a link for the right guide which terrorists cannot touch..

Comment

While it may be addressed as 'ho-hum' as drivers go, I think it is an important step.

My question: when can we expect "ATI Avivo HD"?

Comment

Originally posted by harvy View Post
              then gimmi a link for the right guide which terrorists cannot touch..
              doesn't has ubuntu some decent documentation?

Comment

I am using the Catalyst 8.11 with an AMD 780G system. It is definitly a step in the right direction - finally I can play videos in VLC without tearing (by using OpenGL). But XVideo still does not work correctly in compination with the cropping function (squeezes instead of cropping).

Another issue:

My ASUS M3A78-EM board just got a new bios with C1E state support. While this works fine in Windows, it gives me horrible errors under Linux (flickering lines), both over DVI and VGA. After disabling C1E all is back to normal.

I think it would really be better to fix this soon, because at least on my Asus board the C1E support is enabled by default - so troubles for many people in sight

And please - add EXA (or an other XRender accleration)

Comment

yeah, now that the 8.11 is working, it is a fine release from my POV. Compositing is working wel l(for me) with the exeption of manual resizing. Stability has improved a lot.

Comment

8.11 is working great for me. I'm on Xubuntu 8.10, though I upgraded to jaunty.

Just to inform some of you who had problems with force-pbo / ati-hack disappearing. I don't think this is a driver issue, this is an mplayer issue. You'd better get the latest svn version from debian-multimedia.org instead of the really old versions they have in the debian / ubuntu repositories. The following setting works best for me (HD 3200, AMD780G):

mplayer -vo gl:yuv=2,force-pbo,ati-hack

Cheers

Comment

Going back to 8.9 with happy face

As I mentioned earlier I use 690G chipset and integrated X1250 graphics on VGA port. OS is XUbuntu 8.04.1 LTS 64-bit (amd64)

With 8.11 version of fglrx, There is no picture on monitor and
                      8.11 is unusable for X1250 users.
                      With 8.10 there is picture, everything seems to work,
                      until you start any game that uses OpenGl. Picture is shifted to the right and down and therefore unusable with most of the games (Only openarena is working). I tried Urban Terror and Nexiuz and they have problems.

I am back to 8.9 and it seems that it is best release for X1250 users
                      (on 64-bit, test and report on 32-bit please).
                      On 8.9 everything seems to work and I stay with that one for now.

Also, i will mention that this UN-Tested released are very well something that pisses me off at ATI/AMD graphic card drivers.
                      If it does not even show picture on some of the most used cards/Distribution/version, then better Don`t release it!
                      --- I am willing to help by testing their test versions of drivers
                      but I don`t know how to contact those AMD guys ---

I think that it is time now for me to upgrade my graphic with new
                      Graphic card. BUT with this instability of drivers, I am willing to wait
                      a bit more.. Maybe next year we will have stable driver from ATI that
                      will work flawlessly on present hardware, making me eager to upgrade..
                      Who knows? Till then, I don`t think I will invest on newer graphic card.
                      Last edited by Markore; 18 November 2008, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X