Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NVIDIA Releases 177.82 Linux Driver

Default NVIDIA Releases 177.82 Linux Driver

Phoronix: NVIDIA Releases 177.82 Linux Driver

NVIDIA had released their 177.80 display driver more than a month ago, but arriving today is a point release update to this binary Linux driver. The NVIDIA 177.82 driver adds support for several new GPUs, a mobile power management fix, a mobile hot-key switching fix, and a Firefox 3.0 image corruption issue...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=Njg0Nw

I've been hit very hard by that bug they fixed in this version, I hope this driver shows up in Intrepid very soon.

I'm having rendering issues in Qt4 apps with nVidia being blamed for this. Doesnt look like they addressed it here yet :/

Quote Originally Posted by Vadi View Post
    I'm having rendering issues in Qt4 apps with nVidia being blamed for this. Doesnt look like they addressed it here yet :/
    I think they addressed it in the previous driver or the one before that.
    I should torrent a Kubuntu 8.10 LiveCD to be sure..

Quote Originally Posted by ethana2 View Post
    I think they addressed it in the previous driver or the one before that.
    I should torrent a Kubuntu 8.10 LiveCD to be sure..
    I am experiencing issues with Qt4 with the 177.80 driver. I don't know yet if the 177.82 driver fixes them.

Yeah I'm on 177.80

Blah blah blah... are they EVER going to fix the tremendously horrible widget/screen corruption for non-Qt apps and 6,7 series cards?!?!?!

have they fixed the performance issue that was introduced in 177.80 I think (leads to random freezes/laggs when playing ET:QW / NexUIZ and a massive FPS drop)? Or do I still have to use the 173.xx driver?

Quote Originally Posted by Detructor View Post
    have they fixed the performance issue that was introduced in 177.80 I think (leads to random freezes/laggs when playing ET:QW / NexUIZ and a massive FPS drop)? Or do I still have to use the 173.xx driver?
    Haven't experienced any of that here with the 178.80 drivers. (FPS all within 2-3 fps of the older series). Are you running something like compiz or kwin 4 with effects?

Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    Haven't experienced any of that here with the 178.80 drivers. (FPS all within 2-3 fps of the older series). Are you running something like compiz or kwin 4 with effects?
    I'd say disable compiz when playing games..you need all the performance you can get while playing...compiz on top of all that can make your system hiccup. Not to mention the bugs in compiz that possibly can get tripped up during game play.