ATI Radeon 9550 (almost working?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Well the 9550 is supported by the open-source drivers, so you could get by without fglrx and instead using the open-source ones working by default.

You mean just what gets installed during the install of FC6? Yeah, I'll probably just live with that. I'm not gaming or anything - I just like to learn. But I've been spending too long on this (much more than just today).

Cheers.

Comment

Just a last shot in the dark... but I have done an update of everything on my system (ie. yum update), just the kernel and some various packages. That wouldn't have any effect... would it?

Comment

As long as you installed the drivers again AFTER running the updates, it shouldn't break or adversely effect anything.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Hmmm... I misworded that question. I meant that I hadn't done any major updates yet (except for the kernel). But I think I can tell from your response that it doesn't matter either way.

Maybe tomorrow I will reinstall and give it one more go... because from what I've read I really should be able to get this to work.

Comment

Working...
          X