Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crysis Wars Linux Server Released

Phoronix: Crysis Wars Linux Server Released

Ryan Gordon (a.k.a. Icculus) has announced the release of a Crysis Wars (the multi-player version of EA's Crysis Warhead) server for Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Are there any benchmarks on Crysis(Warhead) running on OpenGL 3.0 vs DirectX 10.0, both on windows ?

Because if the difference is not high, there is a solid chance that the OpenGL performance on linux would match or overtake that on windows and Crytek might release a linux client.

All this ofcourse, assuming Crysis has an OpenGL version (Excuse my low gaming knowledge).

Comment

Originally posted by MetalheadGautham View Post
      All this ofcourse, assuming Crysis has an OpenGL version (Excuse my low gaming knowledge).
      Crysis does not support OpenGL.

Comment

I understand it is a habit of Ryan's to ensure the availability of the game client when working on a Linux server, so maybe Cevat Yerli and his guys have some kind of treat in store for us. From the look of it Crytek are not against the idea of free open software. Instead of yapping about poor Windows sales, they might have started looking for better OS alternatives. For I would gladly see this disease that is called Windows be cured once and for all.

Comment

We also have no idea on when Ryan Gordon will release the Unreal Tournament 3 Linux client, which should have been quickly approaching its one-year anniversary.
          FIXED! (sorry couldn't resist, please don't continue on the UT3 topic!)

You never know these days what might get available for Linux, but like the article said, don't even start hoping for a Linux client for Crysis. Crysis hasn't sold as much as Crytek would have liked, and they dropped support for the Winows users pretty fast. I don't think they want to sink more money into the game.

Comment

No need for this server. They can keep their trash and go home. I'm very unsatisfied with Crytek that doesn't care about linux despite its origin is good old SuSE land.

Comment

Is Ryan Gordon, I dunno, making fun of us?

Comment

Originally posted by superppl View Post
                No, he's just making money.

Comment

Originally posted by superppl View Post
                  ?? Its called doing his job...

Comment

On Ryan Gordans rss feed (.finger or whatever you want to call it) it has:-
                    Prey:

Now available for GNU/Linux! http://icculus.org/news/news.php?id=4467
                    The retail version will be available in a few days. It's almost done.
                    So who knows we might have a retail version of prey very soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X