Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Test Suite 1.4 "Orkdal" Released

Phoronix: Phoronix Test Suite 1.4 "Orkdal" Released

Phoronix Media has announced the immediate availability of its Q4'08 update to the Phoronix Test Suite, its extensible open-source platform for conducting automated testing and benchmarking by ISVs, IHVs, ODMs, OEMs, and end-users. Phoronix Test Suite 1.4 (codenamed "Orkdal") adds support for Apple's Mac OS X operating system, new test profiles, support for Cascading Test Profiles, enhanced software/hardware detection, WINE-based tests, and run-time capabilities for Self-Contained Test Profiles. This quarterly update to the Phoronix Test Suite has more than 200 changes since the Phoronix Test Suite 1.2 "Malvik" release in September.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Orkdal?

Being from Trondheim in Norway I just wonder, what is the connection between the naming of test suites and counties in Norway?

Comment

Originally posted by neonx View Post
      Being from Trondheim in Norway I just wonder, what is the connection between the naming of test suites and counties in Norway?
      Hei

Norway's a fine country to visit and I've been to Trondheim and elsewhere previously. Just since they have unique names and I know of no other software project using Norwegian words for codenames, that is primarily why you'll see them being used with the Phoronix Test Suite.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
      X