Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fglrx kernel module compile failed

Hey guys,

I've been trying to compile the kernel module for my system but it fails with this following message:

/usr/src/kernel-modules/fglrx/firegl_public.c: In function ?KCL_flush_tlb_onepage?:
    /usr/src/kernel-modules/fglrx/firegl_public.c:2352: error: too many arguments to function ?on_each_cpu?
    /usr/src/kernel-modules/fglrx/firegl_public.c: In function ?__ke_flush_cache?:
    /usr/src/kernel-modules/fglrx/firegl_public.c:2791: error: too many arguments to function ?smp_call_function?
    /usr/src/kernel-modules/fglrx/firegl_public.c: In function ?__ke_vm_phys_addr_str?:
    /usr/src/kernel-modules/fglrx/firegl_public.c:3522: warning: return makes pointer from integer without a cast
    /usr/src/kernel-modules/fglrx/firegl_public.c:3523: warning: return makes pointer from integer without a cast
    /usr/src/kernel-modules/fglrx/firegl_public.c:3524: warning: return makes pointer from integer without a cast
    /usr/src/kernel-modules/fglrx/firegl_public.c:3526: warning: return makes pointer from integer without a cast
    /usr/src/kernel-modules/fglrx/firegl_public.c: In function ?KCL_enable_pat?:
    /usr/src/kernel-modules/fglrx/firegl_public.c:4063: error: too many arguments to function ?smp_call_function?
    /usr/src/kernel-modules/fglrx/firegl_public.c: In function ?KCL_disable_pat?:
    /usr/src/kernel-modules/fglrx/firegl_public.c:4082: error: too many arguments to function ?smp_call_function?
    /usr/src/kernel-modules/fglrx/firegl_public.c: At top level:
    /usr/src/kernel-modules/fglrx/firegl_public.c:5774: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
    /usr/src/kernel-modules/fglrx/firegl_public.c:5800: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
    make[1]: *** [/usr/src/kernel-modules/fglrx/firegl_public.o] Error 1
    make: *** [_module_/usr/src/kernel-modules/fglrx] Error 2
    make: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.27.4'
    This is a vanilla kernel install of Linux 2.6.27.4 kernel (latest version at time of writing).

Thanks,
    deltatux

Use 8-10 driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
      Use 8-10 driver.
      Hi, thanks for the quick reply, this is the 8.10 driver compilation. It still fails to compile into the kernel as a module.

deltatux

Comment

You are right, 8-10 needs the same patch as 8-9.

Comment

You are right, 8-10 needs the same patch as 8-9.
          What patch do you speak of =S? I wasn't aware of any patches.

deltatux

Comment

Technical support and discussion of the open-source AMD Radeon graphics drivers.

Comment

I got failed "hunks"

sudo patch < firegl_public.patch
              patching file firegl_public.c
              Hunk #1 succeeded at 207 with fuzz 1 (offset 8 lines).
              Hunk #2 FAILED at 264.
              Hunk #3 FAILED at 2530.
              Hunk #4 FAILED at 2916.
              Hunk #5 FAILED at 2932.
              Hunk #6 FAILED at 2952.
              Hunk #7 FAILED at 2960.
              Hunk #8 succeeded at 4073 (offset -587 lines).
              patch unexpectedly ends in middle of line
              Hunk #9 FAILED at 4092.
              7 out of 9 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file firegl_public.c.rej
              Help please?

Thanks,
              deltatux

Comment

ok, i even tried this patch, it doesn't work either >.>"

sudo patch < firegl_public.patch
                patching file firegl_public.c
                Hunk #1 succeeded at 207 with fuzz 1 (offset 8 lines).
                Hunk #2 FAILED at 264.
                Hunk #3 FAILED at 2530.
                Hunk #4 FAILED at 2916.
                Hunk #5 FAILED at 2932.
                Hunk #6 FAILED at 2952.
                Hunk #7 FAILED at 2960.
                Hunk #8 succeeded at 4073 (offset -587 lines).
                Hunk #9 FAILED at 4092.
                7 out of 9 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file firegl_public.c.rej
                Can anyone please help?

Thanks,
                deltatux

Comment

Funnyly it works in my script If you use Debian or Ubuntu you can use it:

Do NOT try this with xserver 1.5 as the current fglrx driver does not support it. Put the ati installer into /usr/src dir to avoid download.

Comment

Funnyly it works in my script If you use Debian or Ubuntu you can use it:

Do NOT try this with xserver 1.5 as the current fglrx driver does not support it. Put the ati installer into /usr/src dir to avoid download.
                    Maybe the reason why it doesn't work is because the patches are not for my distro? I use OpenSUSE 11.

Would that be why? but I don't see how it correlates if that's the case...

Thanks,
                    deltatux
                    Last edited by deltatux; 03 November 2008, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X