Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phoronix.com F@H team! Calling all folders!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix.com F@H team! Calling all folders!

I started this team a while back but forgot about it for a while. But here it is:

There's got to be some Linux people folding, so join up and let's get this going!

No offense to anyone involved, but folding is a dead end (at least in its current methodology). I suggest that the folding (SETI and fighting aids) communities find more useful distributed computing efforts. I know this is seldom said, and saying it on a forum of lower traffic is of little help to my cause; I just feel like saying something this time. Maybe I'll write a critique of the mainstream distributed computing efforts elsewhere.

Comment

Date of last work unit 2005-10-11 11:09:21
      Good job keeping it alive, David
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
        No offense to anyone involved, but folding is a dead end (at least in its current methodology). I suggest that the folding (SETI and fighting aids) communities find more useful distributed computing efforts. I know this is seldom said, and saying it on a forum of lower traffic is of little help to my cause; I just feel like saying something this time. Maybe I'll write a critique of the mainstream distributed computing efforts elsewhere.
        We do welcome freelance editorials at Phoronix.com if you want lots of publicity for your topic.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          We do welcome freelance editorials at Phoronix.com if you want lots of publicity for your topic.
          I think that encouraging community editorials is a good way to get the community more involved in this website... way to go. Hopefully a good number of people will take you up on this (possibly even me if I can find time ).

petabyte: As for the negative attitude towards folding and SETI, it's going to have to be backed up by some type of argument if you expect to change anyone's opinion. Why are these projects a dead-end?

Comment

Wow, thanks Michael, I might have to take you up on that.

Hopefully, joshuapurcell, I'll have time to write about this soon (right now its out the door to a performance).

Comment

Working...
            X