Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALSA 1.0.18 Final Now Available, Lots of Changes

Phoronix: ALSA 1.0.18 Final Now Available, Lots of Changes

It's been almost two months since ALSA 1.0.18 RC3 was released and about four months since ALSA 1.0.17 made it out the door, but today the final version of ALSA 1.0.18 is now available. This update to the Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA) contains a number of significant updates and even quite a few changes since the third release candidate. Since ALSA 1.0.18 RC3 there were quite a few improvements to the Oxygen driver for some high-end C-Media APUs, many HDA Codec driver improvements including support for HDMI audio on the NVIDIA MCP78/7A, ALC1200 / ALC887 support, and many driver updates from the Google Summer of Code projects. The change-log between 1.0.18 RC3 and 1.0.18 final can be read here along with the complete change list...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Will i notice any diferences in Ubuntu Intrepid if i install this?

Comment

Originally posted by Sn3ipen View Post
      Will i notice any diferences in Ubuntu Intrepid if i install this?
      Do you have a sound card where the driver change-log is noticeably updated for it in 1.0.18?
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
      X