Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support for G45

Hi,

Is anyone able to comment on the quality of support for the G45?

I'm intending to buy a motherboard (DG45FC) with the G45 for use in a PVR so most important is video playback of MPEG2. I'm not too worried about h.264 yet. Functional HDMI and 3D support would be very nice.

From a Phoronix review I understand that I will need xorg >=7.4 and mesa >=7.1. Ignoring the possible stability issues of this software, are the drivers themselves relatively stable?

Thanks!

Tom

As I wrote in this post:
    http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?p=50228

Everything works great except video syncing with Xv. You are correct in that you need Mesa 7.1 and a pretty new intel driver. Ubuntu 8.10 works.

Comment

but what about GPU video aceeleration for G45 ? will be implement this technology in intel drivers ?

Comment

I believe XvMC works for all Intel GPUs. Currently there isn't a standard API for anything but mpeg2 mo-comp accel, so that will have to wait until extensions to XvMC are designed, VAAPI is finished, or another API (like ATI's XvBA) becomes standard.

Comment

I have meant the h.264 video decoding

Comment

Again, there's no API ready for that yet. XvMC will have to be extended or VAAPI stabilized.

Comment

Working...
            X