Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CodeWeavers Giving Away CrossOver Tomorrow

Phoronix: CodeWeavers Giving Away CrossOver Tomorrow

Tomorrow for one-day only CodeWeavers will be giving away their CrossOver Office software for free. No, this isn't just the demo copy or some version bugged with limitations, but due to a challenge they started in July, they will be giving out copies of CrossOver Office and CrossOver Games for free for one day...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Darned, their site says it's for Americans only :'(

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
      Darned, their site says it's for Americans only :'(
      They have source code downloads on their website if you know where to look (I don't. I lost the link.) Any difference between the source and the commercial version will be stuff that doesn't affect the compatibility but does make it prettyful.

Comment

I have a proxy server, US based, which I can enable / disable in Opera with a single mouse click

Quote from the press release:

"On Tuesday, Oct. 28, 2008, any one visiting the CodeWeavers' Web site (www.codeweavers.com) will be given a deal code that will entitle them to one free copy of CodeWeavers' award-winning CrossOver software. Each copy comes complete with support"

Where on the site does it say this is only for americans?
        Last edited by Eragon; 27 October 2008, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eragon View Post
          I have a proxy server, US based, which I can enable / disable in Opera with a single mouse click

Quote from the press release:

"On Tuesday, Oct. 28, 2008, any one visiting the CodeWeavers' Web site (www.codeweavers.com) will be given a deal code that will entitle them to one free copy of CodeWeavers' award-winning CrossOver software. Each copy comes complete with support"

Where on the site does it say this is only for americans?
          In the press release it says:

software developers CodeWeavers, Inc., to provide free software for every American on Oct. 28, company officials reluctantly announced today.
          However later on it says:

"I launched the campaign to inspire President Bush to make the most of his final days in office. Who knew that our Challenge would have this kind of impact on the country?" White said. "On the other hand, who knew that the economy would implode, causing oil demand to drop into the abyss and gas prices to plummet as well. Clearly, investigating Bear Stearns, AIG and those guys is misplaced – CodeWeavers is responsible for this mess. So it's free software for all!"
          Seeing that the World had more to do with crushing the economy it would be only fair that the world reaps the rewards. Guess we will have to see tomorrow.

Comment

I want one! Although I don't know if I want Games for my personal use, or Office for my mum.

Comment

Everyone likes freebies. Grab it when you can. The only sensible way to live is in a world without prices. lol.

Comment

Looks like it is available for everybody not just US. You can start downloading now.

Comment

Originally posted by superppl View Post
                  I want one! Although I don't know if I want Games for my personal use, or Office for my mum.
                  You geth both -- You can only select office professional, a copy of crossover games is included as well!

Comment

Heh, digg brings another site to it's knees

Main Website Temporarily Offline
                    Due to the high volume of traffic for the Lame Duck Challenge Free Offer, we have temporarily disabled the CodeWeavers main website.

We apologize for this inconvenience. We still love Digg, even if our server disagrees. ;-)

Click Here to get your serial number for CrossOver.
                    Trial Version Downloads
                    You can still download the the trial versions during this time. Use the links below.Note: trial versions can be unlocked to full versions with registered accounts when the main site comes back online.
                    You will be able to unlock your serial number that was emailed to you for an extended time, (an additional 48 hours), due to this downtime. We will simply stop giving out new serial numbers at 23:59 (Midnight) Central Standard Time.

Comment

Working...
                    X