Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RadeonHD HDMI Audio Patches Pushed To Master

Phoronix: RadeonHD HDMI Audio Patches Pushed To Master

Last week new RadeonHD HDMI audio patches were released by an independent developer that allows the integrated audio processor on ATI R600+ graphics cards to be used over HDMI using the open-source RadeonHD driver (xf86-video-radeonhd). Today those patches have landed in the master branch of this X.Org driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder. Isn't HDMI legacy for graphics cards?

The way I understood it is, that Intel and AMD got fed up with the license fee for HDMI, and designed DisplayPort.

Comment

Hard to say. My guess is that HDMI will become "the new standard for TVout" and will replace S-video & component for home theater systems. If you look at A/V receivers they are just standardizing on HDMI in now and I don't see them changing to display port any time soon.

For computer displays, I think you're right -- the world will go from DVI to DisplayPort and skip over HDMI. Then again, that may have always been the plan, nobody tells me
      Test signature

Comment

Hopefully, in the future, most devices will have both hdmi and displayport functionality. Now if only my notebook machine had a dvi or hdmi port instead of useless vga without my having to buy a ^&*(_&$ overpriced and clunky dock.

I wish the pinouts on the dock connector were documented.

Comment

Working...
        X