The UVD/UVD2 thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qaridarium
    in the end...the copy protection is down...

if you are happy you can make a p2p Cluster of linux users and bruteforce the 256bit aes key...

i think blueray will lost !
    BluRay was dead the day it was conceived. The world is moving to a streaming VOD solution. Also that cluster to crack the key would have consist of basically machine in the world to do it in a click then play scenario.

I can kill a fly with a 747 too but it doesn't make it anymore realistic for regular use.

Comment

i don't care abaut nvidia and cuda the zeroday hartware destroy exploid for nvidia drivers and cuda will come after that amd the only one LOL *G*!

after that the same hacker will fix the same problem in the opensource amd driver and all suns are happy :-)
      lol What the hell do you think openCL was heavily based on? Why do you think porting Cuda code to openCL is so easy?

Comment

LOL no humore there....

OpenCL is the same i know!

but OpenCL will comes from via and intel and amd and some other i hope-.

cuta only nvidia shit-.
        ROTLMAO, dude do you realize what openCL was developed on? Nvidia and Apple baby. Oh those evil overlords.

Comment

Yes!.. i know!

But what is the alternativ way ?

Why didn't the foss'rs develop it, why did they have to wait for the evil overlords to take the bull by the horns?

Without them you would see nothing in the forseeable future for a set standard of GPGPU computing. Those companies got the ball rolling.

Comment

What is the REAL alternativ way ? ?? ? o yes nothing!

the R900 will have diverend parts for the drm/Copyprotection and for the viedeo part!
            Oh hell the technology has been out there for fscking years

It took the evil doer's to get the foss's community's heads out of their collective asses and get shit rolling.

Keep in mind that openCL is not limited to GPU's, but also DSP's, CPU's and solutions like Cell. Many devices but yet only a select few were able to pull off putting out a standard (in record time none the less).

Comment

Originally posted by RobBrownNZ View Post
              @bridgman: Kudos to you for being present in these fora, but crikey, you're not actually saying anything! UVD/UVD2 is *still* not available for use by real people, while nvidia is, frankly, kicking your arse with VDPAU.
              I'm not talking about driver features we might introduce in the future because we don't want you making purchase decisions based on things we haven't released yet. We do pre-announce hardware products to our manufacturing partners because their design cycles require earlier notification, and sometimes that information leaks to the public, but otherwise we try hard to only talk about things when they are ready to ship.

Unless we co-ordinate product planning with our competitors, someone is always going to be first. Sometimes we're first, sometimes we're not.

I still have my 780G mobo in a usable state, but it's gathering dust until you guys produce something tangible. In the meantime, I and several other people I've advised, are enjoying our nvidia-based home theatre (and believe me, the closed-source aspect isn't making us lose sleep).
              Yep, nothing wrong with that...

Your lack of concrete progress has led to me thinking of AMD/ATI as a vapourware store... and believe me, it makes me quite unhappy to say that.
              ...but I have to take issue with this statement. Vapourware implies that we announced something and didn't deliver it. With respect, you are complaining that we don't talk about future products in one paragraph and accusing us of shipping vapourware in the next. One of those has to be wrong
              Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                ...but I have to take issue with this statement. Vapourware implies that we announced something and didn't deliver it. With respect, you are complaining that we don't talk about future products in one paragraph and accusing us of shipping vapourware in the next. One of those has to be wrong
                Well I do recall a AMD press release promising better Cedega support shortly after the acquisition .......

Comment

Can you give me some hints to find that ? I have been hearing for years about promises we made but (either in press releases or interviews) so far I haven't had much luck finding any of them.

I know about Henri Richard's announcement, but I think it's fair to say that we delivered on that and more.
                  Test signature

Comment

Can you give me some hints to find that ? I have been hearing for years about promises we made but (either in press releases or interviews) so far I haven't had much luck finding any of them.

I know about Henri Richard's announcement, but I think it's fair to say that we delivered on that and more.

Oh crap I knew you would say that, now I have to go digging through a bunch of ~late 2006-2007 announcements.

Comment

...but I have to take issue with this statement. Vapourware implies that we announced something and didn't deliver it.
                      Well, maybe you didn't announce it but when people purchase a product they expect it to work, not half of it but all of it. Nowadays even Linux users have such expectations about their hardware purchases. Funny, huh?

Comment

Working...
                      X