Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel 2.5.0 Graphics Driver Released

Phoronix: Intel 2.5.0 Graphics Driver Released

This weekend the xf86-video-intel 2.4.98 driver was released with hopes of releasing the Intel 2.5.0 driver on Monday. This driver is arriving a bit late compared to its original target of last month, but it's now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Lets hope KMS is ready for 2.6.29 kernel, and that other drivers also releases with GEM and KMS support.

How will it be with the close source drivers? Can they also implement GEM and KMS, and also Gallium?

Comment

What i am interested in hardware accelerated texture_from_pixmap..
      Will it ever be available for intel driver. Do ATI and nvidia have those.

Comment

It's been available for a long time...

Comment

Its available but its not hardware accelerated. Its indirect rendering by cpu. the GPU does not implement that function. Correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

I think it is Hardware accelerated. GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap is used by Compiz to to all the nice things, so if that OpenGL extension where not hardware accelerated Compiz would be very slow...

Comment

Working...
            X