No announcement yet.

Linux powers "cloud" gaming console

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL! I know I've always wanted to shell out $30 for Lego Batman! http://www.trygames.com/game/aff=t_0...8cd4f7d7865d65

Putting aside the (gigantic) fact that I could prolly set most of this up myself in a free Saturday, I don't want to have to add more monthly costs. I already pay for a phone, why do I want to buy something to pay more to use my phone from my TV? etc.

wow! And $600 for hardware worse than mine that runs the same OS? No thanks.

Like deanjo said, I'd rather build an extra rig and do it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by downhillgames View Post
      LOL! I know I've always wanted to shell out $30 for Lego Batman!
      I'm not sure what you're getting at; that's the normal price.

Comment

Originally posted by Ex-Cyber View Post
        I think the sarcasm was just bubbling out on that remark...

Comment

I like how it says you "own it" but then re-downloads cost extra.

Originally posted by Ex-Cyber View Post
          Yeah, sure, but if that's one of their "new, hot" games, count me out! I'd rather put $30 toward ET:QW (ok, already own it...) or whatever than Lego freaking Batman on a console that's doomed from the start. haha

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
          I think the sarcasm was just bubbling out on that remark...
          Broken sarcasm detector

Comment

And how are they going to run Lego Batman on that Evo-Thing if it runs Linux? It say's right in the system requirements: Windows 2000/XP/Vista

Comment

Maybe the "wine" their way to victory?

Comment

Certain runnable games COULD be programmed to run like that... it's all a part of scripting.
                "Have a game you already own? EVO will install it and run it for you!"

Originally posted by xav1r View Post
                Amiga players play games too you know.
                Amiga Bin! Amiga Bin!
                Last edited by me262; 22 October 2008, 12:02 AM. Reason: I am an Atari man. All the way.

Comment

Originally posted by me262 View Post
                  Certain runnable games COULD be programmed to run like that... it's all a part of scripting.
                  "Have a game you already own? EVO will install it and run it for you!"
                  That's already the slogan of GP2x although they need to fine tune that one to "Have a game you've downloaded? GP2x will run it for you!"

Comment

Originally posted by downhillgames View Post
                    Yeah, sure, but if that's one of their "new, hot" games, count me out! I'd rather put $30 toward ET:QW (ok, already own it...) or whatever than Lego freaking Batman
                    It's a bigger game than you seem to realize. It's obviously not a AAA "must-have" title, but it's on all the major consoles and is a follow-up to the fairly successful Lego Star Wars games (which suck to play alone but are pretty fun with another player). If you browse the store, their selection actually isn't too bad - they have the bargain-bin stuff like Diner Dash and so on, but they also have stuff like Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, Assassin's Creed, etc.. These are games that they're already distributing for PC, which means that they've negotiated licenses and have some kind of credibility within the industry (unlike Phantom). As much as I'm convinced that it would bomb terribly and be a bad deal for consumers, I think they might actually succeed at launching this "console".

Comment

Yea, dont be so negative, these people might actually be onto something. Or they might not.

Comment

Working...
                      X