No announcement yet.

xf86-video-intel 2.4.98 Test Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FunkyRider we all are waiting for those things to happen that will be possible with DRI2. Sure we will have the possibility to use it by February or March. But If you want it to happen faster then you could collaborate in many ways, and not just complaining.

Comment

Btw... the cube effect runs for me while playing an avi using the Textured video ports. Also I think Textured video scaling is not hardware accelerated.

Also all the compositing effects are not hardware accelerated with X3100 chip as far as I know.. correct me If I am wrong. When will that be possible ..hardware accelerated texture_from_pixmap extension...
      Last edited by TheIcebreaker; 20 October 2008, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wswartzendruber View Post
        It will update older hardware, but you're not going to see the best results unless the following conditions are met:

1. xserver-1.6
        2. linux-2.6.28
        3. xf86-video-intel-2.5.0

All three of these have yet to be released. They can all be expected by the new year, except for XServer, who's release seems to always be delayed.
        i was kind of afraid of that.

i want a netbook/notebook in the next month or so, on which i will then install decembers opensuse 11.1. i am not able to compile those things in after the fact, and i am unwilling to wait until opensuse 11.2 in mid 2009, so maybe intel chipset devices are off the table.

Comment

Originally posted by TheIcebreaker View Post
          Btw... the cube effect runs for me while playing an avi using the Textured video ports. Also I think Textured video scaling is not hardware accelerated.

Also all the compositing effects are not hardware accelerated with X3100 chip as far as I know.. correct me If I am wrong. When will that be possible ..hardware accelerated texture_from_pixmap extension...
          my interest is in the GMA950 chipset (with the 945G gpu), but it sounds like you are using the X3100.................?

Comment

Originally posted by wswartzendruber View Post
            Intel graphics are not designed with performance in mind. They are designed to use as little power as possible. For notebook users, that is a blessing.
            Yet NVidia's and AMD's offerings usually need less power but perform a lot better.

Comment

Working...
            X