No announcement yet.

When Will UT3 For Linux Be Released?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah the realistic boom is a bit annoying nowaydays. Plan-of-Attack still sits tight in my heart although the mod is rather dead right now. Nice balance between realistic and unrealistic the way it's fun not tedious.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaestroMaus
      World of Goo has finally gone gold for Linux. I know it's totally offtopic, but Michael doesn't answer any PM's, and hasn't got a tipoff link so I guess I'll make you guys happy with it down here...
      There is a thread for WoG already. You could have also linked to 2dboy, so people could get the information straight from the source.

Comment

• Originally posted by xav1r View Post
        It wouldnt be too difficult, would it? I mean, urban terror uses a gameplay specific modified ioquake3 binary. And yea, i agree, it's fun to play, but the "realistic" counterstrike-like weapons and game style get boring after a while, and i go back to bfgs and plasma guns, and gauntlets instead.
        Heh... The only sticking point would seem to be the lack of an easy way to make a mobile game server at this point because it's going to grace the Pandora and N900 devices (so long as they keep with the same SoC- which is what the rumblings indicate...).

Comment

• When was icculus' last update on UT3 client? Some time ago, am I wrong? [Update] almost 5 months... ago
          I doubt we'll ever see a linux client anymore, though he gave us 2 screenshoots ( I trust icculus that far he got it running that far on his machine) but I "think" it sucks hard if its now stuck again in some legal bullshit-crap [sry]
          Last edited by soxs; 21 February 2009, 07:59 AM.

Comment

• The big free expansion is set to release March 5th. I'm guessing if we don't see or hear anything about linux/mac clients at that point we can lay it to rest.

Comment

• Originally posted by psycho_driver View Post
              The big free expansion is set to release March 5th. I'm guessing if we don't see or hear anything about linux/mac clients at that point we can lay it to rest.
              Indeed. In my not so humble opinion, it should have been done so quite a while back. It's not unlike what happened with Stoked Rider: Alaska Alien (Go look on Bongfish's website and you'll see what I mean by this...)

Comment

• If not UT3, then Mirror's Edge would be cool on Linux too.

Comment

• Isn't this a pure console game? As if so you can smoke that one in a crack pipe.

Comment

• Nope, PC too. UT3 engine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kano View Post
                      Nope, PC too. UT3 engine.
                      UE3, yes. But this game also uses PhysX and we don't know about any legal restrictions regarding this technology.

btw. is there any one participating in the ut3-mailinglist?

Comment

Working...
                      X