When Will UT3 For Linux Be Released?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xav1r View Post
    Have you been playing ut3 lately? On weekends theres usually around 10-20 servers with people playing, mostly DM and TDM, its more difficult to find populated warfare servers, but the thing is, there are people playing it. At some times, I've joined servers with 15+ players in one.

Thats absolutely horrible and all the more reason to avoid this game like the plague.

Comment

Have you been playing ut3 lately? On weekends theres usually around 10-20 servers with people playing, mostly DM and TDM, its more difficult to find populated warfare servers, but the thing is, there are people playing it. At some times, I've joined servers with 15+ players in one.
      I don't play games that aren't on Linux, PS3, or Wii. I've the PS3 more because the GF bought it for me. Since they acted the way they did with the Linux/MacOS rollout, I've not bothered to buy it- I go only off the rumblings others make of it when I say it's my understanding.

Comment

• Originally posted by pfunkman View Post
        Thats absolutely horrible and all the more reason to avoid this game like the plague.
        Well, the point is you can find at least one server to join and play, if only for dm or tdm. warfare is a little more difficult.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
          I don't play games that aren't on Linux, PS3, or Wii. I've the PS3 more because the GF bought it for me. Since they acted the way they did with the Linux/MacOS rollout, I've not bothered to buy it- I go only off the rumblings others make of it when I say it's my understanding.
          Ah, ok, but just so you know saying no one plays UT3 these days is an exaggeration. It does have players, its not a top 10 popular game like tf2, l4d, css, probably not a top 50 either, but it has some online activity.

Comment

Ah, ok, but just so you know saying no one plays UT3 these days is an exaggeration. It does have players, its not a top 10 popular game like tf2, l4d, css, probably not a top 50 either, but it has some online activity.
            Uhm... but not really much more than Deus-Ex MP had... so with other words: nothing noteworthy :P

Comment

Well, the point is you can find at least one server to join and play, if only for dm or tdm. warfare is a little more difficult.
              Thats certainly not a reson to buy it whether it gets a linux client or not.

I couldnt imagine being limited to one or two full servers and thats the best you can hope for with UT3.

Comment

Its not exaggerated at all the few fans of this game seem to feel the need to misleed people about the population. The truth is your lucky to find one server that stays near full even on a weekend during primetime hours, in fact right now there is a whopping one server thats full and the next highest is 26/32.

372 players playing on a friday night at 7 central is beyond pathetic.

Comparatively speeking thats an incredibly dead game, even the nearly 10 year old quake 3 has over 2500. The old medal of honor allied assault has over 1400. The source mod zombie panic has 640 players.

So yeah, when your talking about a game that has a smaller online community than a source mod you can comfortably and honestly call it "dead".

Comment

• Originally posted by pfunkman View Post
                  Its not exaggerated at all the few fans of this game seem to feel the need to misleed people about the population. The truth is your lucky to find one server that stays near full even on a weekend during primetime hours, in fact right now there is a whopping one server thats full and the next highest is 26/32.

372 players playing on a friday night at 7 central is beyond pathetic.

Comparatively speeking thats an incredibly dead game, even the nearly 10 year old quake 3 has over 2500. The old medal of honor allied assault has over 1400. The source mod zombie panic has 640 players.

So yeah, when your talking about a game that has a smaller online community than a source mod you can comfortably and honestly call it "dead".
                  Yeah, probably, but in all fairness most quake3 arena "servers" are really urban terror servers, so q3 isnt that popular anymore.

Comment

Yeah, probably, but in all fairness most quake3 arena "servers" are really urban terror servers, so q3 isnt that popular anymore.
                    Heh... Urban Terror's probably more fun to play than Q3:A unless you're talking about finding a way to make it handheld-portable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                      Heh... Urban Terror's probably more fun to play than Q3:A unless you're talking about finding a way to make it handheld-portable.
                      It wouldnt be too difficult, would it? I mean, urban terror uses a gameplay specific modified ioquake3 binary. And yea, i agree, it's fun to play, but the "realistic" counterstrike-like weapons and game style get boring after a while, and i go back to bfgs and plasma guns, and gauntlets instead.

Comment

Working...
                      X