Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien Arena 2008 Receives Graphics Improvements

Phoronix: Alien Arena 2008 Receives Graphics Improvements

While not commonly mentioned at Phoronix, Alien Arena is an open-source sci-fi first-person shooter that has been around since 2004 and uses the CRX engine, which is a derivative of the Id's GPL source-code. Version 7.20 of Alien Arena 2008 was released this week and a few features had caught our attention. In addition to a number of game-play improvements, Alien Arena has received a number of improvements to its graphics renderer with GLSL program management, parallax mapping, new lighting, new shaders, and other work.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I can recommend giving this game a try. It's a true and honest deathmatch experience, coming with a not-too-serious sci-fi atmosphere I like.

Comment

Downloading right now . Hopefully this revision works faster on my ATI cards.

Comment

Wow. It runs so much smoother now (even at the highest settings). Game looks more "crisp" and clean also. Very good update.

Comment

Working...
        X