Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GA-K8NS Pro Lock-up

Default Gigabyte ga - kns pro

Hi again done the clearing bios 3 or 4 ties, taken out battery measured voltage , shorted battery terminals for one minuite, , no joy, taken battery out and left it out for 20 mins, no joy same post getting stuck on please wait for raid configuration flashing. i pluged in an Adapted 1210a pci sata raid card and connected the drives, it is the only thing that gets past the flashing bios configuration line in post, and i succesfully created a raid array, but because the bios is not allowing access to the cddvd rom,or the floppy disk i cannot run windows onto it, so i have installed the adaptec card and sata drives, in another pc, and i will set up basic updated windows on it and see if i can install it back in the ga kns pro mother board, drastic, but i am hoping i could boot into windows and sort something out there, any other ideas of comments on pitfalls i might encounter that you know about would be much appreciated, faithfully Robert

Just flash again using DOS.

Default gigabyte ga k8ns pro

would not get past post to recognise floppy?

You can use the 2nd bios to boot, did you try that? If you don't manage it normally exchange those 2 chips which are on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    You can use the 2nd bios to boot, did you try that? If you don't manage it normally exchange those 2 chips which are on the board.
    Hi i have looked at this but cannot see they are removable?

They are in a socket.

Default gigabyte ga k8ns pro

They are in a socket.
    I did try carefully to remove the back up bios, but it did not seem to want to dislodge how hard are they to remove, do you need a tool? cheers

Well when you don't want to buy one try a twisted paper clip.

Sounds like you've got a problem :<
    You ~have~ tried disconnecting all hard drives ?
    Also try different ram / power supply in the slight chance that either is the problem...
    Last edited by stevenaaus; 01-22-2009 at 03:01 PM.

Maybe remove hds or just do a cmos clear via jumper.
    When I get this type of error the CMOS clear via jumper gets the things running.

Always happened to me after BIOS flash in DFI and GigaByte Mobos, and as said, CMOS Clear in Jumper clears the error.