Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phorogit: fglrx-packaging.git vs openSUSE 11.0

Hi All!

I suspect that there is a bug in one of the fglrx-packaging script of phorogit,
    because on openSUSE 11.0 the --buildpkg option of the ati-driver-installer do not work. Neither 8.9 nor 8.10.
    After several weeks of searching i couldn't find anyone who managed to build a package. But everybody has the same old "package build failed" message. And i think i know the reason why... Because this script on phorogit dot com/:

index.php?p=fglrx-packaging.git&b=86d1d6eacefac0554e453a853ce994905d c0f750

This one stil tries to call
    Code:
    rpmbuild -bb --root ${TmpDrvFilesDir} --target ${ARCH} ${TmpPkgSpec} > ${TmpPkgBuildOut} 2>&1
    on openSUSE 11.0 too... Which seems to be a big mistake, because opensuse discontinuing rpmbuild... The 11.0 version no longer use rpmbuild, but it uses "build", which is an entirely different package builder.
    So i think this thing should be checked, or please correct me if i am wrong and/or somebody managed to build a package for openSUSE 11.0 with the mentioned script. Anyone know, where to report it, or who is the right person to fix it?

Thank you.
    Last edited by flinx; 16 October 2008, 08:22 PM.

Originally posted by flinx View Post
    Neither 8.9 nor 8.10.
    After several weeks of searching i couldn't find anyone who managed to build a package.
    I've exactly the same problem... SO. The --buildpkg option returns an err; running ./ati-driver-installer-8-9(or 10)-x86.x86_64.run brings the Mesa driver in use instead and no direct rendering enabled.

Conclusion: NO FGLRX DRIVER under openSuSE 11.0 unless using the old ones (ex. 8.8), which also don't work neither ways. You have only to use the openSuSE binary package from the respective repository for Ati cards.

Comment

Why don't you guys fire off a bug report at bugzilla.novell.com to get new rpm's made? Stefan Dirsch is the project maintainer. BTW rpmbuild still functions in openSUSE 11.0. I use it all the time when I'm lazy .

Comment

Originally posted by Xtigyro View Post
        Conclusion: NO FGLRX DRIVER under openSuSE 11.0 unless using the old ones (ex. 8.8), which also don't work neither ways. You have only to use the openSuSE binary package from the respective repository for Ati cards.
        Well the driver itself (Catalyst 8.10) works for me, with the "install driver" way, after running ./ati-driver-installer-8-10-x86.x86_64.run (openSUSE 11.0 x86_64, HD3870)... It is just the package building which seems to be broken. Have you forced sax2 to use fglrx before initializing it? (sax2 -r -m 0=fglrx ) Or you can try to edit the /etc/X11/xorg.conf manually. (Driver "fglrx")

deanjo! You are absolutely right! Now i realised... The "rpm" package itself provides rpmbuild. I probably messed up something on my desktop machine where rpmbuild still a problem, because it works on my notebook.
        So my assumption was false.. Sorry.
        But as i mentioned, ati package generation is still a problem, so maybe i will ask for a fix at bugzilla.novell.com as you have suggested.
        Last edited by flinx; 18 October 2008, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X