• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well you can try:

in that case.

Comment

oh realy? a conception flaw?
      read up on modules. They can do all and everything. After that you might be able to help people to make it better.

Comment

The 8.10 version still crashes Softimage XSI. Even selecting points can lead to an error:
        Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

I hope they'll fix that! Its a pain to work like this. Very old driver worked fine but they won't support a newer kernel so I can't get back to them without changing kernels!

Comment

Anyone who is still having problems with a crash with the new xorg, insure backing store is disabled, it seems to be broken in the new xorg version. (at least I'm quite sure it worked fine with catalyst 8.10 and the 7.3 xorg /1.4 xserver.)

Comment

Originally posted by energyman View Post
            oh realy? a conception flaw?
            read up on modules. They can do all and everything. After that you might be able to help people to make it better.
            oh really ?
            anyone have a possibility to improve fglrx here ?

let me know when this happens lol

Comment

see, the problem is that a module can do whatever it wants. If you want to be save from module misdeeds, either don't use them more contribute patches for a module infrastructure where modules can't do anything wrong.

Comment

uh! strange bug here!

it's related to randr 1.2

if after launching xorg i run xrandr, i can see some less resolutions than with previous drivers but everything is quite fine:

Code:
                ben@Santa^s_lil^_helper ~ $ xrandr 
                Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1280 x 800, maximum 1280 x 1280
                LCD connected 1280x800+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 331mm x 207mm
                   1280x800       60.0*+
                   1024x768       60.0  
                   720x480        60.0  
                   512x384        60.0  
                   400x300        60.0  
                   320x240        60.0  
                DFP1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
                CRT1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
                TV disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
                re running it, it gives the same output.

if I then run amdcccle, it shows me every resolution i was used to be able to select....
                but now if I run xrandr again.....

Code:
                ben@Santa^s_lil^_helper ~ $ xrandr 
                Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1280 x 800, maximum 1280 x 1280
                LCD connected 1280x800+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 331mm x 207mm
                   320x240        60.0  
                   320x200        60.0  
                DFP1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
                CRT1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
                TV disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
                  1280x800 (0x8d)   71.1MHz
                        h: width  1280 start 1328 end 1360 total 1440 skew    0 clock   49.4KHz
                        v: height  800 start  803 end  809 total  823           clock   60.0Hz
                it shows this mess.... and now amdcccle doesn't show right resolutions anymore. (just leaves the 320x240 choice).

so i think it's an amdcccle related issue, since xrandr didn't bring that after I launched it.

sorry if I reported it just now, but I didn't play much with the new driver this month.
                Bridgman, do you think there will be time to fix this bug in the next release?

Comment

fglrx and debian kernel

I apologize in advance if this has already been answered.I have been following the progress of the ATI fglrx driver for some time now,upgrading every month to the newest driver (with the exception of 8.10).

I am running Debian (Sid) and I am getting pretty tired of the well known bug where you can't load the fglrx driver on a vanilla debian kernel due to the lack of the export flush_tlb line in the kernel source.I have to recompile every time there is a newer kernel source and I am sick of it.

My question is if there is a workaround on this by patching the driver and not the kernel.

Comment

Working...
                  X