No announcement yet.

Assorted performance issues with EAH4870X2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I figured. That's why I was asking if there are any specific debug channels I should turn on. Setting 'all' just gives me a huge pile of gibberish that I really don't want to throw at you.

The wine page is also showing that the latest few versions are unstable, and my framerates have been steadily going down the last few EVE updates as well. Seems a bit counter-intuitive, that.

Anyway, I'm going to keep pestering people on the EVE forum, and the wine forum, and see if I can dig anything up. Is there anything I might need to do with the Catalyst controls?

Thanks,

EE

Comment

So, I've been banging on the wine devs on this, still to no avail. However, I just updated to the 8.12 driver, and now X hangs on startx. I get to the desktop screen, but the mouse and keyboard are unresponsive, and I have to kill X remotely. I get the following errors:

Code:
      (WW)fglrx: No matching Device section for instance [BusID PCI0@00:01:00]found
      [this continues for every BusID except the one for the card]
      XIO Fatal error 11 (Resource temporaritly unavailable) on X server "0:0 after 585 requests (584 known processed) with 0 remaining
      Any guesses what's going wrong here? The only solution is to downgrade to 8.09 or 8.10, and downgrade the xorg-server to 1.5.2.

Thanks,

EE

Comment

Hey bridgman,

happy (slightly-post-) Boxing Day! I hope you're enjoying the holidays. I figured out what was wrong with the xorg-server (there are issues with library locations with the gentoo xorg-server between 1.4.x and 1.5.x, and the ati-driver). However, I also have some more information about how EVE is failing. I upgraded wine to 1.1.11, and now I get the following error filling the console when I start EVE:

Code:
        fixme:d3d_shader:shader_glsl_load_constants >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_OPERATI        ON (0x502) from glUniform4fvARB @ glsl_shader.c / 521
        fixme:d3d_shader:shader_glsl_load_constantsI >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_OPERAT        ION (0x502) from glUniform4ivARB @ glsl_shader.c / 398
        fixme:d3d_shader:shader_glsl_select >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_OPERATION (0x50        2) from glUseProgramObjectARB @ glsl_shader.c / 3567
        fixme:d3d_shader:shader_glsl_load_constants >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_OPERATI        ON (0x502) from glUniform4fvARB @ glsl_shader.c / 521
        fixme:d3d_shader:shader_glsl_load_constantsI >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_OPERAT        ION (0x502) from glUniform4ivARB @ glsl_shader.c / 398
        fixme:d3d_shader:shader_glsl_select >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_OPERATION (0x50        2) from glUseProgramObjectARB @ glsl_shader.c / 3567
        Or rather, I got that once, and then it crashed when it told me to patch EVE. It now won't start again, after patching manually.

The wine dev is now telling me that this is a problem with the ati driver. Is this related to some function that the driver doesn't support?

Thanks again,

EE

Comment

Some progress! This is important, as it doesn't just affect me (some others on the wine page were having the same situation).

Users of gentoo's 64-bit 2.6.27 kernel series will not be able to run the game. Upgrading to the .28 kernel got the game running, albeit without any objects. I can only run Premium, but I get 30-60fps with my object-free gaming experience.

I still get the errors in the above post. But this is now with the latest kernel, the latest wine version, and the latest ATi driver. So, progress, sorta!

We're getting there. Any ideas why the textures wouldn't render?

Thanks,

EE

Comment

Working...
          X