Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BUG: BigDesktop, x1600, compiz-fusion, dual-head: click-CRASH!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BUG: BigDesktop, x1600, compiz-fusion, dual-head: click-CRASH!

Hello!

Several Ubuntu 8.04 fglrx users are reporting a persistent, predictable, repeatable xorg crash when using an x1600/x1400 configured with dual monitors and BigDesktop. To make X crash completely, all you need to do is click on the secondary desktop background. The crash only occurs when compiz-fusion is enabled. Everything is fine when Desktop Effects are disabled.

Many of us have reported the bug on this thread:

Reported on: Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron) Video card: ATI Mobility Radeon x1400 (128MB) on a Lenovo Thinkpad T60. Monitors being used: Built-in T60 LCD with a resolution of 1400x1050, and a 24" Westinghouse LCD externally attached via analog (VGA) connector with a resolution of 1900x1200. After many hours of effort, I finally managed to get my second monitor working using the fglrx driver and ATI's command-line utility aticonfig using BigDesktop mode. The total resolution of the desktop, as rep...

And I also started a thread on the Compiz-Fusion forums:

And we have been told that this is the place to talk about it. Please let me (or anyone else involved in the above launchpad thread) know what we can do to help diagnose and resolve the bug.

Thanks! BigDesktop works GREAT with Linux now!

linkx

Confirmed: BUG: BigDesktop, x1600, compiz-fusion, dual-head: click-CRASH!

I also can reproduced this bug. I switched to Metacity and it went away. It is not a single click on the second desktop for me. I have to click between the desktop and a window about 3 times and X will crash every time.

Comment

Working...
    X