• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn, people really hate AMD

Comment

Originally posted by cruiseoveride View Post
      damn, people really hate AMD
      When you have hardware specifications, you don't need to bother with hate.
      I'd rather have specs than binary drivers.

Comment

Hi All, I'm a new comer. One simple question. The latest Radeonhd driver works with RS690, both 2D and 3D, right? Is there anything need special handle to install this driver?

Comment

Originally posted by harry1985 View Post
          Hi All, I'm a new comer. One simple question. The latest Radeonhd driver works with RS690, both 2D and 3D, right? Is there anything need special handle to install this driver?
          I didn't have any luck getting 3D working properly with RadeonHD but I'm using radeon just fine with an RS690 getting about 800FPS on glxgears

Comment

Originally posted by ovoskeuiks View Post
            I didn't have any luck getting 3D working properly with RadeonHD but I'm using radeon just fine with an RS690 getting about 800FPS on glxgears
            Thanks for your reply. What version are you using? Also what version of radeonhd did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by harry1985 View Post
              Thanks for your reply. What version are you using? Also what version of radeonhd did you use?
              This was on Ubuntu 8.10 beta
              xserver-xorg-video-radeon 1:6.9.0+git20081003.f9826a56-0ubuntu2
              xserver-xorg-video-radeonhd 1.2.1-2build2
              libgl1-mesa-dri 7.2-1ubuntu2

The problem with radeonhd is that it would default to software 3D and I couldn't work out why, but with radeon working I didn't try too hard

Comment

The problem with radeonhd is that it would default to software 3D and I couldn't work out why, but with radeon working I didn't try too hard
                I think radeonhd builds by default with DRI disabled, while radeon builds by default with DRI enabled. Might not be the problem but worth mentioning.
                Test signature

Comment

This was on Ubuntu 8.10 beta
                  xserver-xorg-video-radeon 1:6.9.0+git20081003.f9826a56-0ubuntu2
                  xserver-xorg-video-radeonhd 1.2.1-2build2
                  libgl1-mesa-dri 7.2-1ubuntu2

ok, you used 1.2.1 for radeonhd. I'll try 1.2.3 on my desktop this weekend.

Comment

You have to put

Option "DRI"

into the device section. DRI in radeonhd had been disabled by default by intention, because r5xx DRI used to be pretty unstable.
                    Guess we can change the default to enabled on R5xx now.

Comment

finally, I decide to use ATI 6.9 driver, the one with Ubuntu 8.10 as default. It works very well.

Comment

Working...
                      X