Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LGP Porting Jets 'n' Guns To Linux

Phoronix: LGP Porting Jets 'n' Guns To Linux

X3: Reunion that was announced in January of 2007 as coming to Linux is still being ported (since the last update there have been about another eight beta releases) and Bandits: Phoenix Rising is another game that's being worked on for Linux. Sacred: Gold is also another title in development by LGP and finally their fourth title under development has been Disciples 2: Dark Prophecy, but there hasn't been much progress made on that front in quite some time...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

An old-school, amiga-like old time shoot'em up !!!!
    I thought those games should never reappear now that we 3D everywehere. The good times of 9 horizons levels scrolling, big ammo and huge guns to destroy plenty of more or less known flying ennemies...

I'll be glad to get a copy as soon as a linux release is available !

Thanks LGP !

Comment

Am I the only one who has never heard of this game??!
      I mean, I don't really see the point of 'porting' over games to Linux no one has ever heard of. Especially if they are already quite dated.
      Port Fallout 3 or Mirror's Edge or something people actually are interested in, and if you can't, because of license bullshit, don't waste money and dev-time on some obscure crap and instead invest in wine, so that we can enjoy 'Games for Windows' the day they come out.

EDIT: Ok, that sound way to negative, but I honestly think LGP is slightly misguided...

Comment

Originally posted by hungerfish View Post
        Am I the only one who has never heard of this game??!
        I mean, I don't really see the point of 'porting' over games to Linux no one has ever heard of. Especially if they are already quite dated.
        Port Fallout 3 or Mirror's Edge or something people actually are interested in, and if you can't, because of license bullshit, don't waste money and dev-time on some obscure crap and instead invest in wine, so that we can enjoy 'Games for Windows' the day they come out.

EDIT: Ok, that sound way to negative, but I honestly think LGP is slightly misguided...
        Me either : I never heard of that game before. Anyway, looking at screenshots found over google let me hope to find a good old-time shoot'em up.
        And I disagree with you that LGP is misguided in porting such "unknown" games : it's not because the game is unknown that the game is crap. And it's probably more easy to port a 2D shoot'em up than to port UT3. And it's not sarcasm about UT3 porting time.

Comment

I'm big fan of this game and already played it back in 2006. The full Windows game was part of a game magazines CD back than, also it's soundtrack is absolutely great melodic metal (linkage) although I regularly don't listen to such music.

As I don't have a boxed version yet, I'm willing to pay another 15 GBP for the Linux version this time. Nevertheless it's still unfortunate that some may already own the game and have to pay again, but I guess that's just the disadvantage of having to port a game years after it's Windows release.

Comment

According to the LGP website, they are publishing this, not porting it. The company in question that made this was looking for a Linux publisher AFAIK.

It's definitely a game I want (& pre-ordered for last night on Tux Games). I love shooters like this.

Comment

I would love to buy this title. I've always been a fan of these type shooters ever since I first played Metal Slug(Which has no Linux port yet? )

However I don't think I will be buying it, I'm going to save my next game purchase for something my wife will play. Her experience with Linux has been so far has been rather depressing since any of her games with game guard won't play. On the plus side she now realizes what that game-guard is the evil root kit that it is .

Comment

I had never heard of this game before. I went and downloaded the Mac demo and had a blast playing it. It is one of the better 2D side scrolling games I have ever played. Since LGP is only publishing this title, I am pretty sure it will be released this year, and at 25 dollars I will more than likely be picking this up.

Comment

Nice choice, but I won't be buying it. I can't fault it at all from an aesthetic standpoint, but from a gameplay standpoint the design feels pretty random to me; I prefer the discipline of a Gradius.

Originally posted by Milyardo View Post
                  Metal Slug(Which has no Linux port yet? )
                  I don't think there's a (licensed) PC version in general outside of East Asia.

Comment

Will it carry the DRM LGP are using?

Comment

Working...
                    X