Accelerated rotation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accelerated rotation

Is the new Intel driver (2.5.0) going to accelerate display rotation (like the radeon drivers)? I was really disappointed (again) to find out it didn't at least in the 2.4.x drivers.

Any progress here? With 2.7.0, rotation or scaling still seem to completely disable any sort of acceleration (2D and 3D), so you're essentially back to just a framebuffer. This is so slow it's simply unusuable.
    Last edited by greg; 19 April 2009, 06:07 PM.

Comment

I only made a very quick test, but it seems to work okay for me.

Maybe you should file a bug report?

Comment

What exactly did you test and what's your platform? X and driver versions, IGP hardware used, etc.?

Comment

I'm using Debian unstable, 32-bit, with a G45.

Linux 2.6.29, xf86-video-intel 2.7, Xserver 1.6.0, Mesa 7.4. I'm using UXA but not KMS.

I mostly just played around by moving windows around, scrolling, zooming in and out in gplanarity (cairo based game) and briefly tried OpenArena.

Comment

Thanks. I'm experiencing this on my netbook (GMA950) as well as another notebook (GMA965). I don't see any reason for why these older IGPs should be incapable of accelerating rotation, and according to other reports, it should work. I'll likely file a bug.
            Maybe this bug is related: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=20412
            Last edited by greg; 19 April 2009, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X