Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 10 Cambridge Beta

Phoronix: Fedora 10 Beta

It is coming out a bit late, but the beta release for the upcoming Fedora 10 release (codenamed Cambridge) is now available. It has been almost two months since the last test release and a lot of work has been accomplished when it comes to the new and exciting innovations found within this Red Hat distribution.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I will look forward to the follow up article. I love then open source graphics is reviewed =)

One thing that keeps puzzles me, is why Fedora have such ugly default graphics. I have used Red Hat/Fedora since Red Hat 7.1, and all Fedora's have just been ugly =(

I would much rather have Fedora ship with a mono chrome desktop background than having their artist make yet another horrible background.

Even their logo looks like it was made by someone with 5 minutes of GIMP experience =(

Come on Fedora! I think it is the best distribution out there, but please don't try and do graphics when you do a bad job at it.

Comment

Working...
    X