No announcement yet.

asfdati = super reatrd driver retard crap retard retard retard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Jade may have a nice conspiracy theory on how Novel is trying to sabotage KMS and prevent it from getting into the kernel.

Comment

That's what happens when you buy MS Windows-only hardware (ATI+NVidia).

Comment

How did we become Windows-only ? We have drivers for Mac OS, Linux, a couple of embedded OSes, plus open source drivers which run on Linux, FreeBSD and Solaris and probably a few more embedded OSes.
        Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
          How did we become Windows-only ? We have drivers for Mac OS, Linux, a couple of embedded OSes, plus open source drivers which run on Linux, FreeBSD and Solaris and probably a few more embedded OSes.
          Ya but where is Plan 9 love

Comment

D'oh !!

You're right; no Plan 9 driver. Yet

Last time I saw Plan 9 run was on a 6502, I think. That's definitely going to need video acceleration in the GPU ;(

EDIT - holy *&^%*(!, it's still going. It has Live CDs and everything. There's even an internation Plan 9 conference coming up in a few weeks. It's in Greece, unfortunately. Wouldn't you know it, there's an Intel employee on the conference Program Committee

http://plan9.bell-labs.com/plan9/

Looks like there are Plan 9 drivers for ATI graphics, but only up to R2xx. Maybe we can fix that.
            Last edited by bridgman; 02 October 2008, 02:05 AM.
            Test signature

Comment

I'm wondering if its a bad omen if your OS's and mascots name are references to (arguably) the worst movies of all times ^^ .

( yes I went there ! )

Comment

I always wondered if the Plan 9 OS would have been more successful with a different name. It came out of Bell Labs a long time ago (back in the days of 8-bit CPUs) -- but I have to admit it has survived a lot longer than I expected.
                Test signature

Comment

Plan 9 is going through a bit of a revival for some unknown reason. I guess OS Junkies gotta have them all.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                    Last time I saw Plan 9 run was on a 6502, I think.
                    Given the who, what, and when of Plan 9's origins, I submit that it was more likely a 68020. On the other hand, a 6502-based system with a network interface could be programmed to speak 9P and thereby integrate into a Plan 9 system...

Comment

Yeah, I was wondering that after posting. I do vaguely remember it being a 32-bit OS out of the box.
                      Test signature

Comment

Working...
                      X