Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xrandr does not show S-Video output

Hello,

i am just trying to get my tv-out working, but I got a problem with "xrandr". it does not show my s-video output. when i try the following:

Code:
    xrandr -q
    i get this

Code:
    stefan@bordeaux:~$ xrandr
    Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1440 x 900, maximum 2464 x 900
    VGA-0 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
    LVDS connected 1440x900+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 0mm x 0mm
       1440x900       59.9*+   59.9  
       1360x768       59.8  
       1152x864       60.0  
       1024x768       60.0     59.9  
       800x600        60.3  
       640x480        59.9  
    DVI-0 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
    whats the problem? why does is show all outputs of my notebook except the s-video? does anyone know? i am using intrepid ibex (amd64) with the open radeon driver for my ATI graphics card.

thanks & best regards

stivn

That is simple: so far the open source drivers seem to not feature tv-out support like cinch or s-video.

Comment

Originally posted by ivanovic View Post
      That is simple: so far the open source drivers seem to not feature tv-out support like cinch or s-video.
      at least on r300 cards it _is_ supported. i can enable s-video on my radeon 9700 via xrandr and apart from some small problems (some colors are replaced by noise) it works.

Comment

i got a Mobility Radeon X1700

Comment

I think tv-out is disabled on R500 cards at the moment.

Comment

We have not been able to get tvout working reliably on the new display controller hardware (HD1xxx and up) in the open source drivers yet. It's on the list though...
            Test signature

Comment

some time has passed now, is there still no s-video out support for the mobility radeon x1700 with open source radeon driver? is there any other driver i could use?

i tried radeonhd, there i got the s-video out, but compiz does not work!

Comment

Originally posted by stivn View Post
                some time has passed now, is there still no s-video out support for the mobility radeon x1700 with open source radeon driver? is there any other driver i could use?

i tried radeonhd, there i got the s-video out, but compiz does not work!
                tv-out doesn't work with either driver at the moment.

Comment

now going on with the os drivers of jaunty i again got the old problem... still no svideo support for r500 cards with the open source driver?

Comment

You need this option in the Device section of your xorg.conf file:

Option "ATOMTvOut" "true"

There are still some problems, however, so it may not work as expected.

Adam

Comment

Working...
                    X