Compiz-fusion and the 8.9 driver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compiz-fusion and the 8.9 driver?

The 8.9 driver work really well for my HD2600 pro AGP 2D is fast 3D apps and game also work really well. BUT I can't use Compiz-fusion anymore ???

Is anybody else having this issue?

does your kernel module work properly?

Comment

Run "compiz" from a terminal window and see if it gives you any specific errors.

Comment

usually

compiz --replace &

Comment

My kernel module work just fine and there are no error reported in /usr/share/ati/fglrx-install.log. And like I said before 3D and 2D acceleration is working.

I try to run Compiz --replace & from a terminal but all it did was to crash X

BTW I try Compiz with the RadeonHD driver and it work therefore Compiz do work on my machine.

I'm really by this situation and since I occasionally sell computer with Linux I would really like Compiz-fusion to work on my main rig!

Comment

Works fine here, except mipmaps (but that never worked on my r6xx cards anyway). Did you upgrade Compiz recently? Try purging it and re-installing.

Comment

Ok will do

Comment

Nope still no compiz joy with the 8.9 driver

Comment

Originally posted by fred View Post
                  Nope still no compiz joy with the 8.9 driver
                  Mine was crashing X too but its working fine now, after I upgraded Compiz to version 0.7.8.

Comment

Great I will try that this evening

Comment

Working...
                    X