Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like Valve needs Linux developers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like Valve needs Linux developers.

On the ubuntu forums I read the following very interesting question from a valve employe, someone called Gabe Newell (it was the reply to a request to port steam to linux):

"Do you know any good Linux developers?"

I am not a programmer myself, but could someone who is please apply for the job via the following email adress:

[email protected]

Anyone?

Originally posted by Eragon View Post
    On the ubuntu forums I read the following very interesting question from a valve employe, someone called Gabe Newell (it was the reply to a request to port steam to linux):

"Do you know any good Linux developers?"

I am not a programmer myself, but could someone who is please apply for the job via the following email adress:

[email protected]

Anyone?
    OMG Gabe Newell is THE brain behind Valve games.

Unfortunately I don't live in the US otherwise I would certainly like to try

Comment

If they want you, they would probably be willing to assist with the relocation...

Is it just me though, or can anyone else see the irony of that response from Valve?

Comment

Originally posted by RobbieAB View Post
        Is it just me though, or can anyone else see the irony of that response from Valve?
        Ya, can't say I've ever heard of a good linux developer.....

Comment

Successful troll is successful. I wouldn't believe that post and neither should you.

Comment

Try to log in as the user who posted that message. use the password gaben . If that doesn't work, it's probably fake.

Comment

Next time, post a link to the thread as proof.

Eragon... that was a good movie.

Comment

Originally posted by me262 View Post
                Eragon... that was a good movie.
                This depends on your... point of view... ?.=.?

Comment

For the whole 3 minutes that girl was in the leather armor!
                  I'm one of those people that likes Underworld for the same reason.

Comment

Originally posted by me262 View Post
                    Next time, post a link to the thread as proof.
                    It looks like Valve needs linux programmers, I got this as a response from Gabe Newell: "Do you know any good Linux developers?" Duh, maybe someone wants the job? Email: [email protected] :)

Not the hardest of things to find.

But seeing as the OP in the ubuntu forums is a new user I wouldn't put any credability behind it. Also if they wanted a linux programmer to port steam/source over I'm sure they could find the right people by themselves.

Comment

Working...
                    X