Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X3 Reunion Still Actively In Development

Phoronix: X3 Reunion Still Actively In Development

Back in July we shared that X3: Reunion, one of the latest PC game titles being ported to Linux by Linux Game Publishing, was still in development. This game continues on where X2: The Threat had left off (a game ported to Linux earlier by LGP) and was developed by Egosoft and released for Microsoft Windows in 2005. X3: Reunion was originally scheduled to be released in August of 2007 (and the LGP product page still reflects this earlier target date), but that clearly didn't happen...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

participate the beta testing

good to hear that X3 is still alive..

on the one hand it's a bit disappointing that on Windows the next game X3-Terran Conflict will be release next week - but on the other hand after 18-19 beta releases I assume that the Linux version of X3-Reunion works pretty flawless - miles away from the buggy port on Mac OS X.

does anybody know, how to enter the beta testing? on X2-The Threat everybody who perordered the game could participate. Same on X3-Reunion?

Comment

speaking of "Terran Conflict" is that being ported as well?

Comment

Will the X3 linux port have any kind of copy protection? (though i know any kind of copy protection wont be as draconian as starforce )

Comment

Originally posted by xav1r View Post
          Will the X3 linux port have any kind of copy protection? (though i know any kind of copy protection wont be as draconian as starforce )
          Yes, http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=12526
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

LGP does not seem to be a very professionally run company to me. I've reported a supposed XSS vulnerability on their site two times _months_ ago, and they haven't done anything about it yet, putting their customer's login credentials and/or private data at risk.

For a demo of one of the vulnerabilities, have a look here, here or here.

Comment

Originally posted by colo View Post
              LGP does not seem to be a very professionally run company to me. I've reported a supposed XSS vulnerability on their site two times _months_ ago, and they haven't done anything about it yet, putting their customer's login credentials and/or private data at risk.

For a demo of one of the vulnerabilities, have a look here, here or here.

gosh, thats one picture i could live without.

Comment

hehehehe, "We are lazy slackers"

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Ah, sorry for skipping that news posting. Thanks Michael.

Comment

Originally posted by xav1r View Post
                    gosh, thats one picture i could live without.
                    And it's one we ALL could have lived without seeing... Ugh... I'm just glad I'd eaten lunch over 3 hours ago...

Comment

Working...
                    X