Dell To Ship Linux PCs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dell To Ship Linux PCs

February 24, 2007 (Computerworld) -- After collecting some 1,800 new product and service ideas from IT users and customers using an online "suggestion box," Dell Inc. has announced that it's taking the user suggestions seriously and will soon debut and sell a new line of certified, user-ready Linux-loaded desktop and laptop computers.

The Dell IdeaStorm Web site, where customers and other IT enthusiasts can offer recommendations about future Dell products and configurations that they'd want to buy, was started on Feb. 16 by CEO Michael Dell, who is looking for ways to re-energize the company's sales and financial performance after several disappointing quarters.

Will this affect your next purchase?
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

I don't know about y'all, but this is GREAT news! Just because of this reason alone a new Dell PC is on its way to my home. Having a *major* PC manufacturer on the GNU/Linux side is fantastic. Hopefully they'll be able to price these systems aggressively too, compared to M$-loaded PC's.
    Last edited by 1c3d0g; 25 February 2007, 07:03 PM.

Comment

That deal between Dell and Novell won't make me change my computers purchasing habit. Except for my Mac Pro, I'll still keep building my own computers, I'll keep buying Series T thinkpads, which I think are the best laptops on the market today. For the office, I'll still keep buying my 2 dozen HP destop computers every year, same as I've been doing for many years.

Comment

Working...
      X