Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Multi-Seat Display Manager

Phoronix: The Multi-Seat Display Manager

On behalf of the C3SL Multi-Seat Team, Paulo R. Zanoni has announced today on the X.Org mailing list the MDM, or Multi-Seat Display Manager...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

My School's ACM/IEEE Chapter could certainly find this technology useful.
    Each year we host a High School Programming Competition for local high schools. During this competition we usually have teams of 4 all using one computer. We could use this to allow teams to simultaneously collaborate on separate pieces of code without the need to use a complex source versioning tool like CVS or SVN.

Comment

I did a dual seat rig with PulseAudio and userful, but it didn't have OpenGL and I had to use one GPU for both seats. Hopefully this'll make all that better; this makes me very happy

Comment

Can we use 3D acceleration on both seats?

Comment

I haven't found any information about using MDM with one graphic card in some of the dual-head modes with one Xserver. Is it supported?
          And where's the link to the LiveCD to try?

Comment

My School's ACM/IEEE Chapter could certainly find this technology useful.
            Each year we host a High School Programming Competition for local high schools. During this competition we usually have teams of 4 all using one computer. We could use this to allow teams to simultaneously collaborate on separate pieces of code without the need to use a complex source versioning tool like CVS or SVN.

Comment

This seems great! The last time I tried to do a multiseat setup, I eventually succeeded but damn was it hard.

Also, I find interesting that most multiseat setups, tutorials, apps and code comes from Brazil. Great work guys

Comment

Working...
              X