Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tiger Direct Is Horrible / What Is Your Favorite Online Retailer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, I'm impressed.

Originally posted by winkowski View Post
    Good Morning,
    For Man# KVR800D2E5K2_4G my price to you is $137.00 currently have 108 in stock.

Let me know of just give me a call 888-327-4719
    Okay, call me impressed. The biggest PITA about building the box I really want is chasing all over the net for the components I want and then trying to juggle shipping prices and schedules. That memory?I really couldn't find another equivalent?was being highly annoying.

I often go to newegg just because they have everything I want (e.g. 186 rackmount cases from 19 manufacturers, while tigerdirect has 22, from 2), and even if I lose a bit on cost by buying it all there, I gain on combined shipping, reduced hassle, and the fact that I know they aren't assholes about RMAs.

In this case, newegg doesn't list what I need, so I was looking at new vendors like excaliberpc. But if I can just pick the parts I want (another obscure one is the Koutech KW-223NE 4x serial + 1x parallel PCIe card, NewEgg #N82E16815201013), this could be a nice thing. Since what's listed on tigerdirect.com is not a limit, are there any guidelines on what I can shop for? For now, I'm just going by "available from multiple retailers".

I might just try this and see what happens. ATM, I'm thinking about rack-mount cases (I love my Supermicro CSE-833T, but I need something quieter here) and deciding between a 3.0 GHz E8400/E3110 dual-core and a 2.4 GHz quad-core.

I may be quiet for a few days (this upgrade isn't urgent), but I'll definitely call you.

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by cypherpunks View Post
      Okay, call me impressed. The biggest PITA about building the box I really want is chasing all over the net for the components I want and then trying to juggle shipping prices and schedules. That memory?I really couldn't find another equivalent?was being highly annoying.

I often go to newegg just because they have everything I want (e.g. 186 rackmount cases from 19 manufacturers, while tigerdirect has 22, from 2), and even if I lose a bit on cost by buying it all there, I gain on combined shipping, reduced hassle, and the fact that I know they aren't assholes about RMAs.

In this case, newegg doesn't list what I need, so I was looking at new vendors like excaliberpc. But if I can just pick the parts I want (another obscure one is the Koutech KW-223NE 4x serial + 1x parallel PCIe card, NewEgg #N82E16815201013), this could be a nice thing. Since what's listed on tigerdirect.com is not a limit, are there any guidelines on what I can shop for? For now, I'm just going by "available from multiple retailers".

I might just try this and see what happens. ATM, I'm thinking about rack-mount cases (I love my Supermicro CSE-833T, but I need something quieter here) and deciding between a 3.0 GHz E8400/E3110 dual-core and a 2.4 GHz quad-core.

I may be quiet for a few days (this upgrade isn't urgent), but I'll definitely call you.

Thank you!

Here is what I can offer. If you can take the time to get me the Manufacturer part numbers you are looking for I will run them through my channels and get you my best price. Don't limit me to what see on just Tigerdirect.com We have a business site https://biz.tigerdirect.com and I pull from big disti's like Ingram, Tech Data, Synnex, etc...

I have my channels to get products. I will do what I can do get you the most aggressive pricing, and you just have to compare it and see if it works for you.

I am here to make it easier on you, and going through one place and saving on shipping is a good perk... Our warehouse is in IL, just an fyi.

Keep me posted.

Comment

I've used Tiger Direct for lots of stuff over the years. The only problems I've ever had with them was not getting my mail in rebates but it's been at least 2 years since that was an issue. I think Tiger Direct has gotten MUCH better and I now count them as a top tier e-tailer.

/just my .02

Comment

Originally posted by aerosquid View Post
          I've used Tiger Direct for lots of stuff over the years. The only problems I've ever had with them was not getting my mail in rebates but it's been at least 2 years since that was an issue. I think Tiger Direct has gotten MUCH better and I now count them as a top tier e-tailer.

/just my .02
          I agree with you on the rebates. We used to use a third party company called OnRebate.. It was pretty bad and since Oct. 07, we have dumped them and now only use Manufacturer rebates and our own instant rebates, (no paperwork)

Tiger Direct is making some good strides, just bought out 17 CompUSA stores, so if you go to CompUsa.com you will see it overlayed with TigerDirect inventory.. Parent company is Systemax (SYX) and it is a US based and full operation mini Dell... Worth a look.

I enjoy it here and at the end of the day it is the same Man# parts a person buys, it basically is a matter of price and service...

Comment

Strictly Newegg for me. I have made over 20 purchases from Newegg over the past 4 years and I have never had a single issue, from checkout to delivery.

Comment

22% exchange???

As one of those living in Canada, I cannot help but completely remove TD from stores I'd buy from. Whatever the price is in the USD, the price in CAD is 22% higher! Nowhere near proper exchange rate, as today 1 USD = 1.014 CAD. I could understand 5%, but not 22% exchange rate. You are trying to make too much money from canadians, as a result you'll get none of our business. I vote with my money-> www.canadacomputers.com, where the pricing is fair. 20% price jack seems just plain..... wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by man_bash View Post
                As one of those living in Canada, I cannot help but completely remove TD from stores I'd buy from. Whatever the price is in the USD, the price in CAD is 22% higher! Nowhere near proper exchange rate, as today 1 USD = 1.014 CAD. I could understand 5%, but not 22% exchange rate. You are trying to make too much money from canadians, as a result you'll get none of our business. I vote with my money-> www.canadacomputers.com, where the pricing is fair. 20% price jack seems just plain..... wrong.
                Sorry to hear that...

Dennis G. Winkowski
                Senior Corporate Account Manager
                TigerDirect
                Tel: 888-327-4719
                Fax: 305-415-4345
                [email protected]

https://biz.tigerdirect.com

Comment

Originally posted by winkowski View Post
                  Sorry to hear that...

Dennis G. Winkowski
                  TigerDirect
                  [email protected]

https://biz.tigerdirect.com

Check this deal out.

$249.99 HP 22"
                  Call me and let me save you some more money

Dennis G. Winkowski
                  TigerDirect
                  [email][email protected]

Comment

I've used tigerdirect before and didn't experience a problem that time, though the situation was entirely normal. I've also used lots other small online shops with varying experiences, just to hunt for some special part or get something at a discount. But like others, I tend to stick with just newegg now. They've always shipped same or next day, and have the most hassle free RMA process I've come across for an online shop.

I think it's good that TigerDirect is trying to help regular customers out (well, in here at least).. because in my experience dealing with customer service of various companies like CDW and Dell, both as a normal shopper and as a corporate customer from work, there is HUGE difference between corporate service and normal customer service.

But to be honest, in some cases it's understandable if you're paying extra for support or have a contract or a some kind of special account.. although I still laugh at the orders of magnitude difference in the levels of service though.. like between Dell Gold service vs. standard service

Comment

Originally posted by npcomplete View Post

But to be honest, in some cases it's understandable if you're paying extra for support or have a contract or a some kind of special account.. although I still laugh at the orders of magnitude difference in the levels of service though.. like between Dell Gold service vs. standard service

It is true,,, My best coporate customers who do 1 Million a year, get there a$$ wiped by me if they asked. I try to extend the good service to all, even the people on this board... But the big spenders to get top priority... It happens at all levels and simply just makes sense.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                      X