Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aradreth View Post
    I'm using a overclocked 8800GTX
    Ok... That, I believe, is technically cheating.

That's a top-end card no matter how you slice it. However, I do believe that I've a couple of choices in that category as planned upgrades in the medium future- just not yet. Need to buy the quadcore first so I can get compiles done faster...

Comment

I'd just like to say that 'Precedence' is not the correct word for the title. Precedence means rank, priority, first choice. It simply doesn't make sense in the context.

Of course, awkward wording isn't anything new for articles on this site.

Comment

I was trying not to nitpick, but I think the right word is "precedent"
        Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
          I was trying not to nitpick, but I think the right word is "precedent"
          Yeah, oops. Can't believe I didn't catch that bug until now, but that's what I get for working tired. Thanks, it should be fixed now.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Hey, at least you remember what you were *trying* to say. I haven't always been so lucky
            Test signature

Comment

I have to try out this Unigine. Looks like it will kill my GPU though. 7800 GS (agp)

Regarding 3dmark. I remember 3dmark come out all those years ago, and I tested my 3dfx card. At the time I was highly wowed by it's graphical glory. Thing is, at the end of the day, it's just 3dmark. Not UT3, ET Quake wars or the next gen game.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                Hey, at least you remember what you were *trying* to say. I haven't always been so lucky
                I can relate to that one... >:-D

Comment

Originally posted by b15hop View Post
                  I have to try out this Unigine. Looks like it will kill my GPU though. 7800 GS (agp)

Regarding 3dmark. I remember 3dmark come out all those years ago, and I tested my 3dfx card. At the time I was highly wowed by it's graphical glory. Thing is, at the end of the day, it's just 3dmark. Not UT3, ET Quake wars or the next gen game.
                  In this case, it's a demo of an engine that will be IN at least four or so games at this point. The screenshots of at least one of the games are visually impressive. Now, it remains to be seen what the game will need in the way of resources, but...

Comment

Svartalf:
                    Must be a game targeted towards future release otherwise it would cripple even a modern pc.

Comment

Originally posted by b15hop View Post
                      Svartalf:
                      Must be a game targeted towards future release otherwise it would cripple even a modern pc.
                      Heh... Yeah, the games in question are still in development. At least one of them appear to be a hot potential AAA play in the markey.

Comment

Working...
                      X