using pts from disconnected PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using pts from disconnected PC

I would like to run some tests on my home PC, but it has no internet connection. Can somebody tell me if there is a way to download suites as a separate package and bring them home for installing offline?

Hi rogerdy,

You could run:

phoronix-test-suite install-all

Which will install all of the tests on the connected PC. After that, then run:

phoronix-test-suite make-download-cache

This will copy all of the downloaded files to ~/.phoronix-test-suite/download-cache/

Then copy that download-cache folder to the new PC in the same location. Then just run phoronix-test-suite benchmark <name> and it will use that download cache instead of downloading them directlry.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Ok, when downloading the first package, bonnie++ it says that checksum is incorrect after finishing and aborts.

Comment

Originally posted by rogerdv View Post
        Ok, when downloading the first package, bonnie++ it says that checksum is incorrect after finishing and aborts.
        Try Phoronix Test Suite 1.2.2, it should work there.
        Michael Larabel

Comment

Could you update &quot;getting started&quot; with this?

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          Hi rogerdy,

You could run:

phoronix-test-suite install-all

Which will install all of the tests on the connected PC. After that, then run:

phoronix-test-suite make-download-cache

This will copy all of the downloaded files to ~/.phoronix-test-suite/download-cache/

Then copy that download-cache folder to the new PC in the same location. Then just run phoronix-test-suite benchmark <name> and it will use that download cache instead of downloading them directlry.
          Excellent information! I may start trying this out in our server lab, but we cannot connect to the Internet. This is exactly what I needed to know for our situation.

Can this information be tweaked on the Getting Started page? It mentions the ability to transfer the tests to other computers but doesn't go into much detail. When you stated, "Then copy that download-cache folder to the new PC in the same location," that was [I]exactly[I] what I needed to know.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by kingttx View Post
            Excellent information! I may start trying this out in our server lab, but we cannot connect to the Internet. This is exactly what I needed to know for our situation.

Can this information be tweaked on the Getting Started page? It mentions the ability to transfer the tests to other computers but doesn't go into much detail. When you stated, "Then copy that download-cache folder to the new PC in the same location," that was [i]exactly[i] what I needed to know.

Thanks!
            I'll make it more known in the documentation for 1.4.

Cheers,
            Michael
            Michael Larabel

Comment

Working...
            X