No announcement yet.

Google vs Yahoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello there i am also new in this forum so wish me luck got some touring to do.

Comment

Google leads worldwide anyway. It is most commony used search engine even for non-english speaking people. Yahoo could not compete google in this segment.

Comment

Im actually using yahoo as my homepage but most of the times I use google in searching things on the internet? for me they give better service than yahoo.. anyways about that security thing, i don?t really have an idea bout that.. ^^, I might as well try cuil.com per recommendation .. thnx

Comment

Of course Google is far better than Yahoo. You can try Wikia too which grows in quality day by day, but there's a lot of annoying things right now in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by karthikrg View Post
            Google rocks.. i feel cuil is overhyped. AFAIK i have found that although cuil claims to have indexed/crawled more pages, the relevance of results returned by google cannot be matched by it. Yahoo! is nowhere even near to google.. in terms of speed as well as relevance.
            Google sucks. I dual boot windows and linux. When i find something under windows and think. Oh wow I'd love to have that linked under linux. I do the same search using the same keywords as I did under windows and it WON'T FIND IT. The relevance is tailored to you under time and eventually google will only show you what it wants to show you instead of what you are looking for. I don't believe the advertising revenue crap any of these people talk about. I think they make half their money from untraceable money deposits. The amounts of energy they use. The amounts of data they work with it doesn't add up to anything remotely commercial.

Wow i've done a few searches on cuil. It's amazing how they format the search results. I found my new search engine. Yahoo doesn't give you hardly any info to know what to click and google doesn't give you quite enough.
            Last edited by Hephasteus; 05 February 2009, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Is this topic a spam magnet or something?

Comment

I don't like so much the WEB search result of Yahoo. Google has "Click tracking" that's why you won't get the same result in different Browsing sessions/computers.

But to search Images, hating microsoft I have to say that Live is the best I have found for this.

Also, In Firefox you have to use the CustomizeGoogle addon. With this you can add and remove many option from Google services (Images, Web..), like searching the result with other providers like Yahoo, Ask, AllTheWeb, Live, Lycos, Technorati, Wikipedia, Bloglines, Altavista, A9, GoodSearch

Comment

no doubt google is best

Comment

scroogle.org, Google but without the privacy issues

Comment

Besides search engines, which do you think gives you better services?

Comment

Working...
                      X